212 mph on German Autobahn

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yes I have tracked it - see below. Noisy and scary!

Just to put this European touring anxiety to bed - and, without wanting to sound like an expert - I have toured Europe in groups of exotic cars for 15 years or more....

If you drove in 50 Ford GT's at 150mph through France in a tight convoy - you'd have a problem. If you're in 50 cars driving like idiots - you'd have a problem. If you are displaying illegal number plates (i.e. a plate which is not the correct number for that car) - you'd have a problem.

HOWEVER, drive normally, at normal speeds and you can drive through Europe without any problems. I've done it - many times. And, I discovered, you can display racing roundels (with numbers within) without a problem.

This doesn't sound unreasonable.....

NEIL_0001520copy.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
PS This is my Aston - recently resprayed. Purdy ain't it?

9.jpg

A piece of art, pure and simple.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Your Astin is absolutely breathtaking.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Neilda, I'm flying up to NY to checkout a low mileage '88 vantage volante convertible. I sweated testesterone drooling over the same car back when I lived in the UK in the late eighties. Your car is in a different league obviously but just thought I would share.

My buddies think the money would be better spent on a DB9. I say **** 'em.

What do you think?

I think they are horrified by the thought of my first ever new car being a '78 Pontiac Trans Am(yea, black/t-tops with screaming eagle), and, yes, I'm looking for one of those as well.

That's the problem with having extra garage space....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
What do I think of the V8 Vantage Volante? I got one! Actually this is a Volante Vantage - which is rather rare, a Volante body with a Vantage engine.

Let me know about the car when you've seen it and I could introduce you to a friend of mine based in Oregon who is a world authority on the V8's from this era. It's very easy to make a mistake on these cars and good advice is not only free but quite valuable too.....

The V8's can be incredibly unreliable and there's a ton of stuff you can do to upgrade handling, cooling and so on. Tread with care and do talk to me before taking the plunge!

canisy20arrival20copy.jpg

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
The French countryside is best viewed from the top turret of a Panzer.

Chip

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl