Belleville, IL
I see Stef, where's his dad?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

He was around. He just missed the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check out the findings of sportscar365 publication about leading Porsche’s 3 minutes lead against all others in class which happened in the 4th hour of the race. It will Piss you off! In Texas we call that French Cooking! Ha Ha Next Year it will be the French Connection all over again!

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congrats to Ford/Chip Ganassi for a great race and phantastic 3rd place.

Let’s be fair and not cry over rules or odds during the race. Everybody completing the 24 hours is a winner and there is no reason not to be proud of.

Let’s see what’s in the cards next year.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congrats to Ford/Chip Ganassi for a great race and phantastic 3rd place.

Let’s be fair and not cry over rules or odds during the race. Everybody completing the 24 hours is a winner and there is no reason not to be proud of.

Let’s see what’s in the cards next year.

I generally agree with you, but the race management was a disaster this year.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, Sue fainted and fell in the floor this afternoon when our long friend Ben Keating sent me this picture of him and Patrick Dempsey (Dr. McDreamy) as he visited with his competing team after LeMans and their podium finish! She told me “If I’d known Ben was racing against his team I would have stayed up 24 hrs and watched the race with you”. Sure she would have! Ha Ha we’ve known Ben and his Family for over 40 years and as we saw, he is a very talented Automobile Occupantnere and race car driver from Houston, Texas. He ownes 17 dealerships across Texas. Ben teamed up with The Ressi Competione Ferrari Team for LeMans and finished 3 behind Dempsey’s Team.

Attachments

• C45E5C26-B38B-4A1C-A476-507E636AC14A.jpeg
    C45E5C26-B38B-4A1C-A476-507E636AC14A.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 198

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

His dad was with us the whole time...just missed the pics.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This was a MAJOR WTF for me watching the race!!!! Exceeding the maximum number of laps per stint??? Isnt that a major goal / strategy in an actual race?

https://jalopnik.com/blame-the-fia-for-how-boring-the-24-hours-of-le-mans-wa-1826899937

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Can’t recall which of the many articles I was reading, but one person commenting had it right - paraprasing; what else would you expect when you combine FIA and the ACO, but, FIASCO. Well said.

You could smell trouble and a potentially a strong political bias to the tire eating Porsche when they added that 14 lap stint max a few weeks back. The change in rules was either an incredible oversight, or worse. The ‘Safety Car’ debacle was just the final poison for fair and reasonable race management.

Yeah, it killed both race strategy and differentiation in technology in an almost NASCAR-like fashion. And , I wonder what happened to that ‘efficiency index’ the FIA/ACO used to advertise in conjunction with the race at LeMans?

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Now that's funny.

what else would you expect when you combine FIA and the ACO, but, FIASCO. Well said.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
What else would you expect when you combine FIA and the ACO said:
However, the TV coverage was excellent. Kudos to Velocity.

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
However, the TV coverage was excellent. Kudos to Velocity.

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

I'll second that!! The camera angles, cropping, and close-ups were fantastic!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Can’t recall which of the many articles I was reading, but one person commenting had it right - paraprasing; what else would you expect when you combine FIA and the ACO, but, FIASCO. Well said.

You could smell trouble and a potentially a strong political bias to the tire eating Porsche when they added that 14 lap stint max a few weeks back. The change in rules was either an incredible oversight, or worse. The ‘Safety Car’ debacle was just the final poison for fair and reasonable race management.

Yeah, it killed both race strategy and differentiation in technology in an almost NASCAR-like fashion. And , I wonder what happened to that ‘efficiency index’ the FIA/ACO used to advertise in conjunction with the race at LeMans?

Brilliant. Proud of the FP/CGR Engineers, crew and drivers none the less.

Coverage was good but a lot of times that just made the longing worse for me.

Vince H

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
More FIASCO

No. 67 Ford Loses Fourth in GTE-Pro Due to Drive Time Infraction

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/no-67-ford-penalized-for-drive-time-infraction/

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Too bad that the various fan groups bitching after the race have been more exciting to watch than the actual race …..

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

Wishing you could've been here Dr. Frank.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
P2 battle was epic till Makowieki in the Rothman's #91 tried putting Seb off track with some dirty blocking moves. Here's what Seb had to say.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/v...mans-24h-sebastien-bourdais-interview-110924/

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Seb hit the nail right on the head, what’s the point if excellence is punished?