2016 LE MANS CLASSIC. July 8 / 9 / 10.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
European Ford GT Owners Club.

2016 FORD GT DAYS at LE MANS CLASSIC. July 8 / 9 / 10.

In June / July 2016, Le Mans will be the center of the world for the Ford GT community :
We will live the Ford's return to endurance racing, with 4 Ford GT engaged in the 24-hours race.
July 8 / 9 / 10 at*LE MANS CLASSIC, we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of 1966, when the Ford GT40 won the first three places of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, triumph followed by three more wins consécutives.

No other event than LE MANS CLASSIC, in France, and probably in the world, will gather in the same place as many collector racing and sport cars. Almost 400 cars on the track reproduce the history of the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 1923 to 1981. More than 8,000 cars exposed by Clubs, inside the Bugatti Circuit just tell the story of the Performance Automobile.

During the 2014 «*Le Mans Classic*», for the first time in Europe, we gathered 24 Ford GT on the space of our club, and we made them run on the track of the 24 hours race.
In 2016, we expect 35 to 40 Ford GT from Europe and the Middle East, and we hope that some fans from the USA will join us with their car.

It is now necessary to register on the following Booking Form.

PROGRAM.​

Friday, July 8 :

Installation in the two Hotels «*Les SITTELLES*»*and « MERCURE BATIGNOLLES*» (When the Sittelles will be full), close to the Le Mans circuit, booked by the Club for the weekend.
Welcome Evening at the famous «*HOTEL DE FRANCE*» site of memory and historic HQ of the Ford Racing Team victorious from 1966 to 1969.
One hour journey from our hotels, to the «*HOTEL DE FRANCE*» on the little roads used in the 60's by the GT40 to go by themselves, from their headquarters, to the track of the 24 hours race, and return back, after their victories.
Photos of the Ford GT in front of the Hotel, Champagne cocktail, gourmet dinner, etc …
Back to our hôtels for the night.

Saturday, July 9 :

Gathering and exhibition of the Ford GT on the beautiful location booked and equipped by the European Ford GT Owners Club, inside the circuit area and close to the paddocks.
Grouped laps with our Ford GT on the track of the 24 hours race.
Free visits of the paddocks and the more than 8000 collector cars gathered. Sight on the races from the booked grandstand seats.
Private Gourmet dinner along the circuit, prepared by Olivier Boussard, «*one star chief*» in the Michelin Guide.

Sunday, July 10 :

Gathering and exhibition of the Ford GT on the space of the Club.
Free visits of the paddocks and the more than 8000 collector cars gathered. Sight on the races from the grandstand booked seats.
Optional sightseeing of the Loire Castles, nearby.

BOOKING FORM.
(To be completed in PRINT LETTERS)​

Name : ……………………………………………… First Name : ……………………………………
Address for delivery of tickets : ……………………………………………………………………..
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Email : ………………………………………………………
Mobile phone : ………………………………………………………………………..

HOTEL «*MERCURE BATIGNOLLES*» ACCOMMODATIONS :

Date of arrival : …………………… Date of departure : …………………… Means : …… nights.
Number of person (s) : …………….. Number of room (s) : ………………
1 045 € / room ( 3 nights package, breakfast included ) x …….room (s) = ………………….€.
Extra night (s) : …………….. x 328 € / room, breakfast included…………= ……………… …€.

RESTAURANT ACCOMMODATIONS :

Friday 8. HOTEL DE FRANCE. Cocktail and private welcome dinner,
Champagne and wines included : 100 € / person, x ………… person (s) = ………………… €.
Saturday 9. Gourmet dinner close to the track. Special menu
prepare by Olivier Boussard, «*one star chef*» in the Michelin Guide.
100 € / person, Champagne and wines included x…………. person (s) = ………………… €.

CIRCUIT ACCOMMODATIONS :

3 Days package including general accès, private Ford GT parking,
covered space with tables and chairs, accès to the paddocks and the
private «*panorama grandstand*»: 220 € / person x ……… person (s) = ……………….. €.
Saturday morning laps with your Ford GT on the track : 160 € / car = ……………….. €.
3 Days Parking for a car being not a Ford GT : 35 € / car x ………… = ………………… €.

TOTAL AMOUNT = ………………. €.

I recall that I work to organise that event, on totally voluntary basis, making no profit and only requiring the reimbursement of the amounts paid to the suppliers.

The number of participants being limited, please make very quickly the TOTAL payment, in giving me the means to identify your paiement, by bank transfer to the following account :

Titulaire du compte : EUROPEAN FORD GT OWNERS CLUB.
19 RUE DE L’EGLISE.
F - 91830 LE COUDRAY MONTCEAUX

Domiciliation : Paris Anjou.

IBAN : FR85 3000 2004 5300 0000 8949 T50 BIC : CRLYFRPP

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Good morning to all.

Following the success of the 2014 FORD GT DAYS at the LE MANS CLASSIC, a number of US owners had indicated their desire to cross the Atlantic with their Ford GT in 2016, and celebrate with us the famous 50th anniversary at Le Mans Classic.

It was a wonderful idea.
I indicated that I would be happy to welcome them in the best way and to manage their accommodations, of course, on completely volunteer basis.

To this end, dice September 2014, I booked for them, and in addition to the needs of Europeans, 27 hotel rooms, privileges locations within the circuit, and tickets for laps on the track, very difficult to obtain.

Since, it seems that most Americans have, at least, change their minds, mainly for two reasons :
- The commitment of 4 Ford GT in the 24-hour race, and the opportunity to celebrate the anniversary as part of the "VIP Party" organized during the race, by Ford and the US Forum.
- Difficulties for the insurance of the cars on the European roads.
**For this unexpected last question, I recall that after several months of effort, I founded the solution to the problem of insurance (see # 114 on «*Le Mans 2016 June 18th and 19th).

To date, only one US owner, unfortunately with a rental car, had reserved in the Le Mans Classic.
I kept my promise by arranging his accommodations and detail of a beautiful journey of discovery of France.
He is welcome, but he is unfortunately the only one.

In a few days, will arrive the limit date to refund the money of the unused reservations, paid to hotel, restaurants and managers of the circuit. Even if I spend with pleasure, a lot of time, money and energy on completely volunteer basis for this organization, I can not accept losing also the money engaged in unused reservations.
So, In a few days, I will cancel them. After, it will be impossible to recover them, the demand being much greater than the supply.

In consequence, thank you to those who wish to join us at Le Mans Classic, to let me know very quickly, at : european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com
They are welcome.

Best regards from France to the USA.

Francis (Saint Ho).

I have to add my unsolicited 2 cents here - my wife and I are the Americans Francis referred to in his message. He has done a huge amount of work to organize this, and it's going to be great! Imagine 8,000 classic cars, almost 200 owners clubs, and hundreds of old race cars from 1929 to 1979. Check out the video from last year on Youtube. It's going to be spectacular, and the cost is extremely reasonable.

We would strongly recommend some of you think about attending the Classic Le Mans, either in addition to the 24 hrs or by itself.

Two cents (or more) added ....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Francis,

Thanks for your efforts organizing this. I'm sorry more of us could not take advantage of it. While I'll be there for the 24 Hours, I can't stay long enough to attend the Classic. I know others who have the same time limitation. I'll be sure to see you there within the next couple years.

Paul

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Thank you VINCENT.
Thank you SINOVAC.

I hoped that the US Ford GT owners would not miss this unique experience in their life :

- Drive their cars on the most famous track in the world.
- Then see the new Ford GT running, and perhaps wining, what we all hope.
- Then visit one of the most beautiful countries in the world, behind the steering wheel of the most desirable car in the world.
- Then spend a festive moment in the historic headquarters of Ford, during the victorious years.
Etc ...

Too bad that only Europeans will do it, and not a lot of american passionates.

Anyway, I will have great pleasure to meet you during the 24-hour race.
(Thanks in advance to speak slowly so that I could understand you …)

Best regards to everybody.

Francis (Saint Ho).

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
In a few days, and at its scale, the European Club will try to give happiness to the lovers of the Ford GT.
Our group will be composed of 60 people and 24 Ford GT.

OWC.jpg

Dear owner of a Ford GT.

I will be delighted to have you with us, for the 2016 FORD GT DAYS at the Le Mans Classic.
I hope you will make a good road.

The address of your hôtel is :
HOTEL LES SITTELLES.
RD 20b. Parc des Sittelles. 72450 MONTFORT LE GESNOIS. Tel: 33 (0) 2 43 54 04 54.)**

Having many things to do on the circuit, I am sorry, probably not to be in the hôtel at your arrival. I will come back from the circuit Fryday, at around 4 pm.

In your room, you will found :

Some personal little gifts to welcome you.
The plastic Pass to access the general enclosure of the Le Mans Classic, the Paddocks, and the Tribune whose name is indicated on the Pass.
The ticket for the laps on the 24 hours race circuit.
A sticker to fix behind your windshield, to enter your Ford GT in the space of the Clubs.
The «*modern cars parc*» ticket for those not coming with there Ford GT.
( CAUTION, do not lose any of those documents, because they could not be replaced ! ).
A file enclosing that program, the program of the races on the track, a «*Road Book*» from our Hôtel to the «*Hôtel de France*», a «*Road Book from our Hôtel to the circuit, a map of the site of the Le Mans Classic.

Your hôtel is paid for the room and the breakfasts. Dont forget to pay your extra accommodations.

PROGRAM of the 2016 FORD GT DAYS at the LE MANS CLASSIC

Our weekend is on the theme of the fiftieth anniversary of 1966, the year of the first of four consecutive victories of the Ford GT40 in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.

Friday, July 8: "On the road of the GT40, in the countryside of Le Mans."

- About 5 PM : Departure from the "Hôtel les Sittelles" where we sleep, in direction of the "Hotel de France" where we shall spend the evening. I recall that the little «*Hôtel de France*», located in the countryside, was from 1964 to 1969, the headquarters of the Ford Racing Team. Officers, pilots and mechanics were living there, and cars were parked there. Prepared for the race in the garage of the Hôtel, they rolled freely on the small country roads to reach the circuit, to race and to come back.
- We shall drive about 1 hour to cover 48 km on the very small roads smelling the GT40.
**If you prefer to ride alone, you will find in your folder, a «*Road Book*» to go from the «*Hotel Les Sittelles*» to the «*Hotel de France*», and to return. As a precaution have a GPS in your car.
SPEED : Please note that the speed in France is regulated (90 km/h on normal roads, or even 70 km/h and 50 or 30 km/h in towns and villages. Automatic or human controls are very common, especially in this period, and the penalties can be very heavy ! Be careful.

Around 6 PM : Arrival at the «*Hotel de France «*(20 Place de la République, 72340 La Chartre sur le Loir Tel. 33 (0) 2 43 4440 16).
The Hôtel is in the center of the village. I obtained to privatize the little square and the street in front of the Hôtel to park our Ford GT and take photos.
- Around 7 PM : Champagne aperitif on our private terrace.
- Around 7: 30 PM, during this aperitif :
- Presentation of the Participants.
- Presentation of MICHAEL, who speaks perfectly English, and who I hired to help you during the whole weekend.
- Presentation of CALVIN and QUENTIN, two young photographers passionated about cars, who I hired to make photos of our gathering, during Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- Delivery of documents, questions and answers with the help of Michael, etc ...
- Around 8 PM : Dinner.
- Back to the «*Hôtel les Sittelles*», or elsewhere for a short night.

Saturday, July 9 : «* On the circuit of the 24 Hours of Le Mans."

ATTENTION, the Saturday starts very early !!!

- At 7 o'clock at the latest : Departure from the «*Hôtel les Sittelles*» to the circuit of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
We access the circuit by the «*EST Enter*», which address is «*Chemin aux boeufs*» (near MM ARENA), signposted in «*YELLOW CHECKED*». The road book in your folder, details the way from the «*Hôtel les Sittelles*» to our entry into the circuit.
- At 7:45 o’clock : Arrival at the space of our Club. (signposted Yellow checked. Space No. 38, on the right of the track, at the foot of the white bridge «*LE MANS ORG*»).
At 8 o’clock : Grouped Start to the runway, with the commissioners of the circuit.

CAUTION : Arriving later, you will not be able to enter on the track, and your ticket will be lost.

- At 8:30 o’clock : Launch of our Ford GT on the track.
- Back to the location of the Club, where cars are parked and exposed all day.

ATTENTION : I marked the locations of the cars on the ground to allow a easy opening of our big doors, and to groupe them by color and give the best aspect possible to our gathering. Thank you to be patient and kindly let you lead by Michael and me, so that your cars are parked as perfectly as possible.

- Free day to see all the show offered by the Clubs exhibitions, the official exhibitions, the paddocks, the track, the shops, etc ...
Our location offers a space to shelter you, with chairs, tables, and free water or sodas.
Michael will be at your disposal to help you his best, in English and French.
- At 7 PM : Aperitif Champagne in the Restaurant «*LE BEAULIEU*» (near the track), and gourmet dinner prepared by Olivier BOUSSARD, star chef in the Michelin Guide.
- Free night (there are races and entertainment all night).

Sunday, July 10 :

The location of the club, Michael and I are at your disposal all day, to help you to pleasantly conclude the FORD GT DAYS weekend.

Francis BREITMANN.
Director of the European Ford GT Owners Club.

My wife and I just returned from France, having attended this event. It was SPECTACULAR! Lots of GTs (24, I think), great hospitality, great food, great cars, and a GREAT organizing job by Francis. It was a real treat to see the thousands (really) of classic cars at Le Mans (I think every Porsche in the world was there ...) and to meet a whole bunch of European GT owners. It was too bad more Americans didn't go, you missed a really special get together.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looked Like a fun event !! . It was nice to finally Meet Saint Ho at LeMans !!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Report.

The weekend of 8, 9 and 10 July 2016, the European Ford GT Owners Cub had organized the 2016 Ford GT DAYS at Le Mans Classic.
The previous record was beaten, with 60 people and 25 Ford GT gathered.

IMG_0765.jpg

Friday, July 8, the first participants arrived at the Hotel "Les Sittelles" reserved for them, 20 minutes from the circuit.
In his room, each crew found a program, a road book his tickets and a welcome gift with Champagne and a «*rally plate*».

DSC_8443.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

Everyone finds his friends or meet new ones before to take the road again and go in a group, to the welcome dinner.

DSC_8453.jpg

DSC_8457.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

LeManspic3.jpg

DSC_8433.jpg

DSC_8447.jpg

DSC_8455.jpg

To be continued....

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
In the French countryside south of Le Mans, the old trees and old houses tell a strange story.
According to them, fifty years ago, every June, superb racing cars rolled on the tiny roads between the «*Hotel de France*» at La Chartre sur le Loir, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans circuit.

Younger thought they had dreamed of.

And then, on 8 June, the phenomenon reproduced.

DSC_8501.jpg

DSC_8504.jpg

DSC_8507.jpg

DSC_8471.jpg

DSC_8461.jpg

DSC_8468.jpg

DSC_5670.jpg

DSC_8485.jpg

DSC_8488.jpg

DSC_8497.jpg

DSC_8509.jpg

DSC_8514.jpg

DSC_5763.jpg

To be continued....

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of 1966, I obtained from the City's authorities of «*La Chartre sur le Loir*» the privatization of the Central Place, in front of the Hôtel de France, for the benefit of our Ford GT.
Thanks to the enthusiasm of the responsible of the Hotel de France, all the space in front the hotel was blocked to park our Ford GT. That evening, they were twenty one.

People from the region had move to see a gathering that had never happened before in this historic place for Ford.

DSC_8524.jpg

We were two, to help every crew to park the cars on the narrow square.

DSC_8532.jpg

DSC_5715.jpg

DSC_5723.jpg

We had engaged dogs to keep the Ford GT.

DSC_5735.jpg

DSC_5761.jpg

DSC_5774.jpg

DSC_8584.jpg

To be continued........

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
DSC_5745.jpg

DSC_5748.jpg

DSC_8543.jpg

DSC_8552.jpg

DSC_5859.jpg

DSC_8572.jpg

DSC_5753.jpg

DSC_8573.jpg

DSC_8575.jpg

DSC_5889.jpg

To be continued .........

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Dear Francis,

Looked like a really great event that you've put together. And I am sure this will spark of since we do not have any real Ford GT events over here in Europe.

I hope to be able to make it next year.

Matthias

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The Hotel de France allowed me to privatize a terrace, part of the dining room, and to access it, the gateway to the former garage of the hotel, where in the 60s were parked the GT40 .

DSC_5851.jpg

The same place in the 60s :

ford-gt-hotel-france-big.jpg

ford-gt-john-wyer-img.jpg

The time was arrived to take refreshments.

DSC_8611.jpg

DSC_8616.jpg

DSC_5778.jpg

DSC_8602.jpg

DSC_8691.jpg

DSC_8690.jpg

To be continued ............

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
My goal being to promote the birth of friendly ties between owners of Ford GT, the appetizer was the opportunity to make presentations.
Each owner received in «*souvenir gift*», a Poster printed with his name, and with his photo, or the photo of his car in front of the famous «*Dunlop Bridge*».

First, David Jones (GT101), without who this rally would not take place. David assures brilliantly the contact with the owners in the UK, and organizes their trip to Le Mans.
A big thanks to him.

DSC_8671.jpg

Special congratulations to the delicious David and Caroline Stein who came from the USA especially to live the Ford GT Days with us, but unfortunately without their Ford GT.

DSC_8627.jpg

DSC_8629.jpg

Again, special congratulations for the wonderful family of Roland Neufeld, also came from the USA to attend the Ford GT Days, unfortunately without there car.

DSC_8670.jpg

Lawrence Cookson from England, and already there in 2014.

DSC_8634.jpg

First participation for Tim Hill from England.

DSC_8637.jpg

First participation for the French Edouard Daucourt.

DSC_8640.jpg

Already there in 2014, Richard Billings coming from England with the loudest Ford GT of the group.

DSC_8643.jpg

The Englishman Tony Hughes came for the first time. It has never been possible to find any trace of dust or insect on his car. Picture of that later…

DSC_8647.jpg

The Englishman David Long for his first participation.

DSC_5801.jpg

To be continued........

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The Englishman Philip Walker, also came for the first time.

DSC_8649.jpg

The Englishman Peter Robinson for his first participation in the Ford GT DAYS.

DSC_5803.jpg

The French Jean-Max Favriel, already there in 2014.

DSC_8655.jpg

The Englishman Jason Thiel, always present at Le Mans.

DSC_8659.jpg

From England, Gigi and Roger Luscombe, already with us in 2014.

DSC_8661.jpg

The French Pilot, Philippe Mondolot, came for the first time.

DSC_5813.jpg

From England, Tony and James Dixon, for their first participation.

DSC_8668.jpg

Also for the first time, the French Bertrand GUEMAS.

DSC_8675.jpg

All could not be photographed ......

To be continued......

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Then it was dinner time. Same room and same setting as in the 60s, for the Ford racing teams.

IMG_0289.jpg

DSC_8692.jpg

FORD-A4ret.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

DSC_8693.jpg

DSC_8694.jpg

At 11 o'clock, when we finished our dinner, many locals remained to witness the departure of our cars in the night.
To please them, many of our GT burned tires, under enthusiastic applause. The tiny town has longly resonated with the music of our exhaust, accompanying shouts of joy of the spectators. One of us had a so loud exhaust, that every of his strong acceleration, launched all the alarms around the Square. It was so funny, that he did it several time, on the demand of the hilarious spectators.

Everyone will remember this anniversary.

13603826_1040534736002106_6733274940758973871_o.jpg

To be continued .....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fabulous photos St Ho! It looks like it was a great time! And nice weather!

Ed

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Saturday July 9, the day begins with the famous «*laps on the track*».
Behind a safety car, our group of Ford GT will drive twice on the 13.6 Km of the famous 24 hours circuit. Recall that this circuit using public roads, it exist only once a year for the 24-hour race, and once every two years for the Le Mans Classic. So this is a rare opportunity.

IMG_0764.jpg

It is early, but no one wanted to miss the opportunity and everyone is on time.

DSC_8776.jpg

DSC_8750.jpg

DSC_8752.jpg

DSC_5903.jpg

DSC_5892.jpg

DSC_8736.jpg

DSC_8737.jpg

The GT40 gathered in front of our Club, were watching their sisters going to the famous track.

DSC_5906.jpg

DSC_5923.jpg

Some chatted until it was time to go on the track…

DSC_5942.jpg

DSC_8761.jpg

DSC_8737.jpg

DSC_8744.jpg

Others, recovered from a too short night ………

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_5935.jpg

Tony Hughes ended the morning toilet ….

DSC_8755.jpg

DSC_8760.jpg

To be continued......

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Finally, the signal is given, to reach the track.

DSC_8785.jpg

DSC_8787.jpg

DSC_8791.jpg

DSC_8788.jpg

DSC_8789.jpg

DSC_8793.jpg

DSC_8795.jpg

DSC_8796.jpg

DSC_8797.jpg

DSC_8800.jpg

DSC_8801.jpg

DSC_5959.jpg