Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for the update Rex. I like the teaser shot showing the rear black out panel with the pony. I'm not sad to see Mustang ditch the faux gas cap.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looking forward to seeing the real deal, vs the speculation....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Adds running that good morning america will be carrying it live.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Adds running that good morning america will be carrying it live.

Well, this saves me quite a lot of $$ in airfare. I was going to fly to AMS and then watch it live and in-person from Copenhagen's house in DK. You know, you want to be where the action is... :biggrin

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Rex -you can save some $$ or, you will need to be in a few places . The car will be revealed in 6 cities on December 5.

Barcelona, Shanghai, Sydney, New York City, Los Angeles and in Dearborn Michigan. In New York the car will make its broadcast television debut on Good Morning America.
I am looking forward to seeing the vehicle in person. Margaret is convinced she wants one....but I am out of garage space.

andy (ajb)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I can store (drive) it for you.

I was just looking for an excuse to visit Anders...:)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, this saves me quite a lot of $$ in airfare. I was going to fly to AMS and then watch it live and in-person from Copenhagen's house in DK. You know, you want to be where the action is... :biggrin

Hey Rex

I can arrange for the Makers Mark and nekked ladies, but the release of the new Mustang has not been coordinated properly with me in advance so unfortunately I´ll have to stick with used ones at least for now :)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hey Rex

I can arrange for the Makers Mark and nekked ladies, but the release of the new Mustang has not been coordinated properly with me in advance so unfortunately I´ll have to stick with used ones at least for now :)

Wow, this is a huge miss for Ford marketing. As they elected to target the European market as the primary market for launch and then fail to account for critical aspects of regionality - not a good omen.

So to be clear, they sent wine, women, videos but no car??? :)

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow, this is a huge miss for Ford marketing. As they elected to target the European market as the primary market for launch and then fail to account for critical aspects of regionality - not a good omen.

So to be clear, they sent wine, women, videos but no car??? :)

Always well stocked on wine & women - all I needed Ford to do was sending me a 2015 Mustang - then I could throw that car a proper release party targeted at the young testosterone boosted male. Instead they chose Spain - and we all know their economy is F´ed so unless we´ll be seeing Messi doing massive donuts in the center of Camp Nou right out of the box, then that was a poor marketing decision ..... :biggrin:facepalm::lol

But you are always welcome here .... with plenty of MM & nekked ladies, we will make it work with just a internet connection to Spain :cheers:biggrin

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Always well stocked on wine & women - all I needed Ford to do was sending me a 2015 Mustang - then I could throw that car a proper release party targeted at the young testosterone boosted male. Instead they chose Spain - and we all know their economy is F´ed so unless we´ll be seeing Messi doing massive donuts in the center of Camp Nou right out of the box, then that was a poor marketing decision ..... :biggrin:facepalm::lol

But you are always welcome here .... with plenty of MM & nekked ladies, we will make it work with just a internet connection to Spain :cheers:biggrin

No doubt, this is a missed opportunity for Ford on a key program. Post-launch, marketing will do a 'lessons learned' review and will better understand how to best leverage new market launches (follow the $$). Perhaps a bit 'harder' than Ford's, yours was the better idea for launch of the new Mustang. :biggrin

But, hey - there may be a much better opportunity coming along in the next year when SVT delivers their new Mustang. Let's get one of those in your garage! I think that variant will do better than the base car in the EU market anyway. :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Instead they chose Spain - and we all know their economy...

I totally agree. :agree:

Why not Geneva, Frankfurt, Paris or some other centrally located European city, where all the media would show up?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I totally agree. :agree:

Why not Geneva, Frankfurt, Paris or some other centrally located European city, where all the media would show up?

I think (and could very well be wrong), that the choice of Spain/Valencia aligns to Ford's forward infrastructure investment in EU. Recall also, this initial 'launch' seems to be more 'soft' (more virtual. less physical in content). I would almost bet that some of the other venues in EU that you mentioned will be selected (e.g. for a second phase) when there is actual Mustang product in-hand for ride/drives/promotions et.al. But, you'd have to ask Mr. Farley about his launch strategy/cadence.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Just received confirmation that I will attend the Mustang Reveal Celebration at the Conference and Events Center in Dearborn on December 5. Margaret still geeked-up about buying one.. ((Rex... Maybe SchoolBusYellow. ?))
Dave - May need storage room at the GTMahal in Troy in the future.
andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I'm thinkin' Raptor.....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
We can see it in person on Thursday. We had a lunch with Alan Mulally today and he will be in NY on Good Morning America at 8am on Thursday with the car. He certainly (as would be expected ) was ''hyper-ventilating'' as he spoke about the vehicle.
andy AJB

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Raptor..... Geez man....

Looking forward to seeing more of the car. Learned many details over time, be great to have them be official.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

that article says that the new mustang will get an independent rear end. i wonder if this will be the end for the Cobra Jet

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
But but but I thought it was losing 400 lbs and getting 15" shorter? :lol