Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I have just never been able to get into the Vipers. Don't know why...I know they are decent cars...but I don't think I'd buy one even if I could get one for $10,000.00.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Your loss. Great auto and legendary owners.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I have just never been able to get into the Vipers. Don't know why...I know they are decent cars...but I don't think I'd buy one even if I could get one for $10,000.00.

Same goes here, except for the $10K part of your post -- you're leaving a LOT of $ on the table.

I want to like it. It's USA-made, would complement Ford GT, Corvettes in garage.

Others adore it. And it is a beast on the track.

But just can't pull the trigger for variety of reasons.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
What Viper was "lacking" earlier, is no more. Awesome car, Italian leather and American power, who could ask for more. I'm glad Dodge decided to bring the program back to life. Now the only decision left is ,..., what color should I get :biggrin

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
What Viper was "lacking" earlier, is no more. Awesome car, Italian leather and American power, who could ask for more. I'm glad Dodge decided to bring the program back to life. Now the only decision left is ,..., what color should I get :biggrin

Nice to see some enthusiasm, to counter the indifference above. Viper is an awesome machine. You either believe in the force or you don't, Luke Skywalker.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Have a GTS on order. Will be my 9th

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Have a GTS on order. Will be my 9th

Are you getting the sticker price from dealer or + dealer surcharge?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Same goes here, except for the $10K part of your post -- you're leaving a LOT of $ on the table.

I want to like it. It's USA-made, would complement Ford GT, Corvettes in garage.

Others adore it. And it is a beast on the track.

But just can't pull the trigger for variety of reasons.

This is part of what sits in my garage currently -

IMG_0836.jpg

The Viper is a pretty serious beast and although it lacks any and all of the creature comforts, she's sure a blast to drive. Fast and glued to the road, albeit a dangerous beast. Not much around sticks to the road like a Viper...even the GT won't beat it in the handling department. It sounds like a modified tractor, but it goes like stink and it's one mean ride. The Z06 is no slouch either and it pretty much does what the GT and Viper do in stock trim, with all the creature comforts, but the Viper has way bigger grin factor. I wouldn't give it up - she's my DD in nice weather. But if anyone thinks the GT can be dangerous under WOT with cold tires....it's nothing when compared to a Viper. Viper's are more like 427 Cobra's in terms of dangerous cars...but I wouldn't have a garage without one.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am very biased , but I would say that we all owe Dodge and Viper.

In 89 when , American sports cars were pretty stagnant, my friend , Bob Lutz convinced Lee Iacccoa to replicate a car near and dear to Bob's heart, a Cobra . He was given $50M and 2 years to get it done and did.

That decision turned the American market on its ear. Corvette came back, ultimately with the Zs which I doubt would have happened. Ford may have decided on the GT, instead of some older models it was considering but I doubt we would have seen the power, and some of the Viper guys were involved with GTs.

Long way of saying, a Viper is not a GT and vice versa, but the Viper is responsible for much good that has happened in the last 20 years of sports car production

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
GT

Nice condensed history lesson. Did not know some of this and makes me see car in a different light.

BTW- Just got back from dinner in my 98 GTS. I can't put into words but the viper is just different and fun to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 508

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You should learn how to park. You're lucky the tree is small.

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
I love my Vipers ( daily driver) Monday~Saturday.......starting an affair on Sunday with my FGt

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Well said GTdrummer.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
GT

Nice condensed history lesson. Did not know some of this and makes me see car in a different light.

BTW- Just got back from dinner in my 98 GTS. I can't put into words but the viper is just different and fun to drive.

I've never seen anyone modify a GTS with an RT/10 roof........good job Larry :) Looks a lot like my 97 rt/10 just a different color :)

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
I too love the vipers. Make mine a fully loaded solid GTS Blue with sidewinders. Can't wait to see the new roadster version in Detroit, fingers crossed.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Here's a rare snake all the way from Italy land.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 231

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Detroit News had a story that they were cutting production and shifting staff out of Connor Ave due to lack of demand for the Viper. Said they've only sold 426 units this year. Not so hot.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19229rp3k3tm0jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Link to Viper sales numbers. 2002 to 2013.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Detroit News had a story that they were cutting production and shifting staff out of Connor Ave due to lack of demand for the Viper. Said they've only sold 426 units this year. Not so hot.

The YTD sales aren't too bad. I wonder how many they thought they would sell.