2013 Shelby vs. 2010 SuperSnake?

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I own one of each and am so blown away by the Shelby I am thinking that I may need to do some work on the SS. What do you guys think?

Before my Shelby showed up I thought my SS was really good. I have been unhappy working with Shelby and will never have them do anything to another vehicle, but I really enjoyed the SS once I got it and worked out all the mistakes Shelby made with it. With this new Shelby convertible I am thinking I enjoy this much more than the SS and maybe even more than the GT!

Everything from the way it shifts, to the handling, to the power is so much better in the Shelby. So much so that I have not driver either the GT or the SS since the Shelby hit the door. Not that I hate either one, it's just that the Shelby is so much more enjoyable to drive.

At a minimum I will have to upgrade the SS exhaust once again as the Shelby puts it to shame.

What am I missing? FYI my SS is the 640HP version.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Your 2013 is twice the car for 75% of the cost of your post title Shelby. It is 1969 all over again. With as good as the factory cars are, I'm surprised there is still a market for the post title Shelbys. Enjoy your 2013 and leave the Supersnake alone. I'm sure it's been hacked on enough. :lol

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I upgraded my 2010 SS to 725 hp and consider it a beast. There is absolutely no way we could have improved on this exhaust note. It is straight out of the 60's.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It is 1969 all over again. With as good as the factory cars are, I'm surprised there is still a market for the post title Shelbys. :lol

The Glory Years are NOW.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Glory Years are NOW.

I completely agree. My point is that the factory Mustangs are so good now that the argument for post-title Shelby cars is weakened considerably (the original factory Boss Mustangs accomplished the same thing).

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have heard from a lot of different people that they had bad experiences working with Shelby American. Can you give us an idea of what did not go well and what they did or didn't do to make you upset?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I completely agree. My point is that the factory Mustangs are so good now that the argument for post-title Shelby cars is weakened considerably (the original factory Boss Mustangs accomplished the same thing).

We're on the same page. Just making a proclamation :lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I am slightly dense :)

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I have heard from a lot of different people that they had bad experiences working with Shelby American. Can you give us an idea of what did not go well and what they did or didn't do to make you upset?

They are the most arrogant people to deal with in the entire automotive industry.

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
I get 3 or 4 Shelby post title cars a year come through my shop. I honestly can't believe people pay whst the do for the end result. The performance is terrible....fit and finish is terrible....not the greatest company to deal with as a whole.

If you have the kenne bell ss....it only needs a few things to really wake the car up and make it fun to drive again. If you have the frpp tvs or whipple ss....then it needs a bit more. Ford hit the nail on the head with the 13 and that really should have been the car from the get go...but it is what it is.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I upgraded my Shelby gt to a gt/sc and had superb experience. It was a while ago and the people have changed

I also had a csx4000 cobra and while I had engine issues the roller (which Shelby is responsible for) was incredible. I had a Lucas switch fail and had a new one the next day

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I had a Lucas switch fail...

Surely you don't expect anyone to believe that.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Surely you don't expect anyone to believe that.

So what part don't you believe? That I only had A switch (as in only one)? It would be even more unbelievable to say I had a Lucas switch WORK. :)

Actually I had two of them fail but at different times.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My poor attempt at a joke. Of course I believe you.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My poor attempt at a joke. Of course I believe you.

That's the way I took it and my response was also a joke :) The Brits have a sick sense of humor when it comes to electrical systems in cars.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
My 2013 GT500 is incredible. Had a 2010. Thought it was great the new Shelby is a completely different machine. At the stop lights I get a chuckle when other sports cars come along side the sound of the exhausts makes my day. No one messes with the GT500 2013.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
The following dyno report is from a sister SS whose build is identical to mine.
a5yrumet.jpg