2010 Fusion Hybrid

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What is the on-ground availability of the Fusion? Looks like the Federal Tax Credit of $3400 expires after March 31... but there is no availability of cars?

Tax credit drops to $1700 after March 31. So, I guess the question is if you can get a deal now + the $3400 rebate or is it just going to be better to wait to the supply catches demand and get a $1700 better price to make up for the credit reduction.

I am mildly interested in getting one of these for a dd - hence the question.

Dave, anybody else? I appreciate your insight.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll see what I can find out. I have only seen one 2010 Fusion around town at all, which indicates to me they are not yet released. Typically, you'll see dozens of whatever new cars are coming out just from people participating in early lease programs to report any issues.

My guess is they won't be out before March 31, but I could be totally wrong. I'm stunned they wouldn't re-up the tax credit. Any chance of that happening?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
2010 Fusions, Job 1, initial build, started 2/28. Should be coming to the dealers in the next couple of weeks.

I've got the new Fusion Sport AWD on order. Delivery is expected towards the end of the month.

Gotta assume the Hybrids will be rushed out the plant doors.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What is the on-ground availability of the Fusion? Looks like the Federal Tax Credit of $3400 expires after March 31... but there is no availability of cars?

Tax credit drops to $1700 after March 31. So, I guess the question is if you can get a deal now + the $3400 rebate or is it just going to be better to wait to the supply catches demand and get a $1700 better price to make up for the credit reduction.

Be careful ASSuming you will get any tax credits. In the past they were limited based on your income level! I bought a hybrid an ASSumed I was getting a tax credit, but I didn't because of my income level. My guess is anyone that can "afford" a FGT will not qualify. Remember if you make more that 250K you don't need any tax credits, and in fact should be paying more of your fair share. :thumbsdow

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
You are absolutely correct. I will receive no credit for my 2009 Escape Hybred. I think it was George Bernard Shaw who said "Any government who robs Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul". I still cannot figure out how you spend your way to prosperity.