2010 Ford Taurus

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I've just ordered a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD with the 3.5 motor. Should be built around the end of January. And in my garage mid-Feb. New dd for me.

And am waiting for the TT upgrade info. DBK do you hear me yet?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I've just ordered a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD with the 3.5 motor. Should be built around the end of January. And in my garage mid-Feb. New dd for me.

And am waiting for the TT upgrade info. DBK do you hear me yet?

Uh oh !

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
any word on the manual tranny option in a sho? i would like to party like 1989.

gm put one in the gxp. lets go ford a 6 sp man for the sho!!!!:biggrin

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Yeah no kidding, the Taurus was the car I was forced to drive growing and hated because my parents were smart enough to keep me out of fast shit back then.

The first new car I ever bought was a '89 Taurus SHO. It was great even w/FWD! I put 160K trouble free miles on that car with minor maintenence. A true sleeper in the stop light drags,........:biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The first new car I ever bought was a '89 Taurus SHO. It was great even w/FWD! I put 160K trouble free miles on that car with minor maintenence. A true sleeper in the stop light drags,........:biggrin

Yeah I had a maroon 89 Sho myself back in the 90's too

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Later in the year. 355 hp. TT V6. That motor is going in everything. Just debuted in the flex at 355 hp."

DBK, thanks for this. I really look forward to another SHO in the garage (had an '89 and a '93). Remember the Car & Driver SHO Wagon? Maybe the Flex is today's version of what should have been!

BTW, dig these stats on the Eco Boost engine (italics mine):

Ford Flex first car to receive new 3.5-liter Twin Turbo EcoBoost engine
by Thami Masemola
January 11, 2009 4:37 PM
Filed Under: American, Ford
The new 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6 engine from Ford is to find its first home in the Ford Flex later this year. The EcoBoost uses two turbos to produce 355hp (265kW) and 350 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed SelectShift automatic gearbox comes with this particular Flex.

One of the main purposes that Ford downsized the engine was not only to boost power ratings to similar levels of a 4.0-litre engine for example, but to also achieve superior economy figures with superior power at the same time. Ford says the Flex with EcoBoost V6 will achieve 22 mpg on the open highway and 18 mpg combined.

This EcoBoost V6 is the first of a whole line of EcoBoost engines planned by Ford. By 2013 we can expect at least 90% of all new North American Fords to be fitted with an EcoBoost engine.

Both turbos in the engine can spin at up to 170,000rpm which greatly assists in minimising the turbo lag that's been associated with force-fed powerplants. They are designed to last 150,000 miles or 10 years. At the same time torque is available across a wide range of revs, making the Flex highly drivable in any gear or road situation.

Source: Ford
Press Release

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They just trotted out the MKS with the EcoBoost. 355hp and 350lb/ft and it gets 18/25. For reference, I currently have an MKS with the regular V6 that makes 273hp and 270 lb/ft and it gets 16/23. 80 more hp and better fuel economy? Yes please.

It's not for everyone, but I dig this interior.

mksecoboost_10.jpg

mksecoboost_09.jpg

mksecoboost_07.jpg

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Other than the fusion, do either the Lincoln or Taurus have an AWD option? My locale of New England and unfortunate late night jaunts to the hospital on crappy winter roads have made it so I can not do without it.

Stu

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes. Both do. I have the Lincoln MKS and it is, quite frankly, amazing in the snow even with the big wheels.

We've been buried for a while now and I have zero problems blazing through the snow. It's actually pretty fun. When we get a good snow and all the other cars and trucks are skidding to and fro I just go sailing around at the speed limit.

I honestly thought it was going to be worse with the wheel and tire combo, but I'd say there is no appreciable difference in crap weather driving between this sedan and any AWD SUV I've had.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
test drove an MKS on Friday, a buddy bought it.
Sat in the back seat while he drove with the sales rep, amazing car, and now with more beans,... might be in my future.... hello Heffner!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My only beef with my MKS is that it's about 10% away from being what I'd call good looking. It's better in person than it is in pictures, but it's still slightly bland.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
DBK:
Is the Fusion with TT Eco Boost a done deal too? 355 ponies in that platform would be killer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not that I know of. The sport model has 263 hp which should be pretty fast. Ford is going turbo nuts right now though, and trying to stick all kinds of stuff in all kinds of platforms. You wouldn't believe some of the motors they are sticking turbos on and stuffing in things :skep

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Not that I know of. The sport model has 263 hp which should be pretty fast. Ford is going turbo nuts right now though, and trying to stick all kinds of stuff in all kinds of platforms. You wouldn't believe some of the motors they are sticking turbos on and stuffing in things :skep

Good !

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Sounds like a great trend! Turbos + SCT + Torrie = more fun!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Sounds like a great trend! Turbos + SCT + Torrie = more fun!

:thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I will be going to the "sho"w specifically to check out the Ford & Lincoln camp.

The wide doesn't want to give up her Whippled Harley AWD F-150 but maybe she needs a blown mustang to go along with it.:rolleyes

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DBK:
Is the Fusion with TT Eco Boost a done deal too? 355 ponies in that platform would be killer.

Just read that the SVT edition TT Fusion will be offered in 2011 production run.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My only beef with my MKS is that it's about 10% away from being what I'd call good looking. It's better in person than it is in pictures, but it's still slightly bland.

I really like it but you hit the nail on the head. I think it is the rear quarter panels are to high. In sll silver with chrome accents it is very nice.

You should ask Camilo what he would do differently....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Just Spent several days at the NAIAS in Detroit. The Ford Exhibit is tops...and most importantly, while many others are showing plug-in Prototypes and Concept cars (3-4 years from "Job 1) , We, Ford are showing REAL products ...Taurus, Fusion, Mustang , MKS , MKZ etcetc...that you can go and BUY in the next several Months!!
AJB