Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Just hit 9,000. Ed

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
I'm not preserving mine for the next owner... I've got 15,000 miles and loving every mile.

Zero problems to speak of. Just a few oil changes and rear tires.

- Bill

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
62000 for me on the blue car, about 11000 on the black cars

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Isnt there somebody with like 70k miles?

70 was before Rally IV. 80k as of now. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

man thats awsome I love it:thumbsup is the ride any different at 80K I dont notice a big difference between my 62k and 11k car, but there is a difference, very slight.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Jeff, are you having any problems with the gauges like some of the other folks here? Ed

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Soroush/PL510*Jeff

Do you have a running list of major maintenance/replacement items, sorted by disposable/short/long term usage:

-Disposable: filters, fluids, plugs, coolant, tires, hoses, belts, pads

-30K: Clutch, cables, steering components, shocks, disks, ECUs/Modules, fuel system?

-60K: radiators/coolers, master cylinder, starter, alternator, supercharger?

Or are these main systems all still going?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jeff, are you having any problems with the gauges like some of the other folks here? Ed

Ed,

I've had no problems with anything. Electrical or mechnaical. Period.

Just routine maintenance by the book.

Normal wear items such as tires, brakes, rotors, wiper blades, etc, replaced as needed.

No squeaks, rattles, leaks, etc. A/C doors sound off once in a while.

Jeff

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
36k here and still killing it.

go - Jeff !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush/PL510*Jeff

Do you have a running list of major maintenance/replacement items, sorted by disposable/short/long term usage:

-30K: Clutch, cables, steering components, shocks, disks, ECUs/Modules, fuel system?

Keyvan, I work on my cars often and Im always fiddeling around in there doing something, so everytime I have one of them apart for a project, say I may be replacing the exhaust system, I will go ahead change the oil, the tranny fluid, bleed the brakes, change coolant, etc....

so far on both of my cars, I have replaced all of the fluids at least once if not twice, the coolant on both cars are new, the brakes and clutch fluid bled on both, new transaxle fluid in both, both just had oil changes, black car has K&n filter, the blue ??? have to look into that one:lol

they both have new stillen clutches, but not because they were worn out but rather to enhance performance, when I took the clutch out of the blue car it had 55000 miles on her, although the throw out bearing was bad, once we took the clutch out there was nothing wrong with it, but we still replaced it anyway. the black car got a new clutch at 9000 miles again nothing wrong with the old one.

so Im not really going by the recommended dates, I will just do it as part of another project, the one thing I have not had to do yet is the brakes, but I never use my brakes anyway so I dont have to worry about that one:biggrin

Im currently battling an ac issue with my blue car, which I have not figured out, it sometimes stops cooling for whatever reason, then when you turn off the car and let it sit, it works again for a while then quits cooling again, its wierd

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Soroush/PL510*Jeff

Kayvan, (or sohuld it be Mancave)

I go by the book. These cars are pretty much bullet proof.

I changed out my clutch at 60k when I had the Stillen 3.9 installed. The original was (is) in good shape, pretty minor wear considering everything. I'm pretty easy on clutches. As a matter of fact the only dressing done on my flywheel was to do a little surfacing with steel wool. I love the Stillen hd clutch now in the GT.

Fluids/belts, pads, rotors and such are by the book. Changed the sparking plugs for the first time just prior to the Rally.

I haven't felt the need to change out the shocks, originals still work just fine.

In my opinion you shouldn't worry about radiators, master cylinder, starters. They should last a lifetime. No need to replace them unless they are acting up.

just a few thoughts from out west.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Mancave, Caveman, Capt. Caveman......my nephews/nieces dont even add Uncle anymore they think I am superhero

RE; a/c, Soroush

Your A/c might be too effcient and the fins might be turning into blocks of ice not letting air thru. try putting it on warmest a/c setting, that way its still cooling but the fins wont ice up, and it will cycle.

PL510Jeff, glad to hear the bullet-proof...thats what I want in my GT when i turn 60,000mi. at age 60!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have found on home a/c units if the refrigerant is low the evaporator tends to ice up. I would have the a/c system pressures on the high and low side check during operation.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
leave it to the Kids to call as they see it!

Captain Kaveman is right on.:usa

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Mancave, Caveman, Capt. Caveman......my nephews/nieces dont even add Uncle anymore they think I am superhero

RE; a/c, Soroush

Your A/c might be too effcient and the fins might be turning into blocks of ice not letting air thru. try putting it on warmest a/c setting, that way its still cooling but the fins wont ice up, and it will cycle.

PL510Jeff, glad to hear the bullet-proof...thats what I want in my GT when i turn 60,000mi. at age 60!

I have found on home a/c units if the refrigerant is low the evaporator tends to ice up. I would have the a/c system pressures on the high and low side check during operation.

thanks guys,

so here is the story, about a few month ago the ac quit working in that it would still blow air just not cool the air, after some investigating we came up with potential problem being the expansion orifice and decided to change the orifice and the dryer at the same time, both pieces were relatively inexpensive, then once back together it was all good and she was working properly until about a month ago right before the rally where this intermittent problem started again, now it cools then you drive it for a while and it stops only after you turn off the car and turn on the car in a relatively short period of time, if you let the car sit over night then its ok and works fine for the first time you start the car on that day. but not after a long drive,

keyvan I dont think its too efficient there is no way this thing could freeze over we have been all over the car,
we have checked the pressure on the low and the high and it all seems fine when its working, when its not working is because for whatever reason the compressor is not kicking on. we think maybe a pressure switch!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
PL510*Jeff,

Wow, checkout this Gallarado blog...lots of big ticket disposable parts/components

http://supercarrentalsinc.com/lamborghini-gallardo-buyers-guide-part-i-exterior-interior/

His comments on checking dry-sump oil, and filling up are funny

Last edited: