very impressive...
can't wait for you to tweak the new SHO or MKS

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just picked up a new CTS-V and would be interested in mods that don't DESTROY the warranty.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fubar, did you get the Recaro option? A buddy down the street just got his with the Recaro option and I must say, it's the best looking sedan interior I've ever seen. MB and BMW don't hold a candle.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The '09 CTS-V is a great car. I drove one and couldn't believe how good it was. The fit, finish, NVH, power, etc. were all superb. It was clearly faster than my GT500. I don't know why anyone would buy a BMW M or Merc AMG sedan over this car

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...I don't know why anyone would buy a BMW M or Merc AMG sedan over this car

Because you are German, live in Germany and want to support German businesses.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Because you are German, live in Germany and want to support German businesses.

Actually I'm Greek, not German, but I get your point. I'll take the CTS-V since I'm an American, live in America and want to support American businesses.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Because I have friends that work for Ford, and am a stockholder, I am holding out for the new MKS or SHO. Otherwise, I would buy a CTS V in a heartbeat.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I did order the Recaro seats. The car is being shipped in now. I should have it later this week. The "Made In America" sticker was a huge factor on the purchase. It makes me feel a little better to think I am supporting Detroit a little... on a side note, the cr is badass.

When Ford makes the GR1 I will go all Blue in my garage.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I would take a Mercedes S65 or S600 anyday over this car. Mercs get my vote every time for a luxury family hauler.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
2009 CTS-V holds the record at Nurburgring for a stock sedan. No 4 factory 4 door has produced a faster time... ever. However, as I stated before, one of the main buying incentives was the home team vendor.

I would highly suggest you drive one before you pass judgment on the brand.

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
2009 CTS-V holds the record at Nurburgring for a stock sedan. No 4 factory 4 door has produced a faster time... ever. However, as I stated before, one of the main buying incentives was the home team vendor.

I would highly suggest you drive one before you pass judgment on the brand.

Nurburgring and luxury sedan should not be in the same sentence other than to say they drove someone TO the track. How fast a luxury sedan goes around corners is just not something I care about (in a straight line I care about though). :wink

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I would take a Mercedes S65 or S600 anyday over this car. Mercs get my vote every time for a luxury family hauler.
i would rather have a rolls royce phantom over either of those :lol

you are comparing a 180,000 dollar car with a 60 thousand dollar car

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I am comparing what I own (luxury car) to cadillacs luxury car. Luxury to luxury

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
When people are sweating bullets over their jobs at Ford, and we have members of the board who are friends and suppliers who vend to the USA auto industry,... and,.. if MBZ500 costs $5k less than MKS, I will buy a MKS.
I am buying USA, see the flag on the left?? Time to circle the wagons!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
My wife has a S550... it's a nice car. I just sold my M6 to get the caddy. I can tell you from my own experience in both cars, the old caddy is superior.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My wife has a S550... it's a nice car. I just sold my M6 to get the caddy. I can tell you from my own experience in both cars, the old caddy is superior.

...because it doesn't have IDrive!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006

i agree, they are great cars - a friend of mine has a new S65 and it is incredible. but the mercs are also double / triple the cost of the cts-v.

you coming by the shop tomorrow? i will give you a ride in this car. fyi, it ran pretty good down the track today.

Mar 15, 2006
bony, i agree with you. the sho should be an incredible car and likely a performance bargain! the new cts-v is likely in a higher cost market segment.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I buddy of mine just got a new CTS V.. He let me drive it.. Impressive power , ride and a beautiful interior !! Ford , GM they are all home teamers for me !!