2009 Acr

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
This is the car I ordered from Chuck at Tator's Dodge albeit I'm not sure if the white driver's stripe will be available. Might do the stripe in either red (to match the calipers) or blue. Any thoughts...BD

Attachments

• acrwhitewhite.jpg
    acrwhitewhite.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 236

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T SCREW WITH PERFECTION!!!!!
DANG! That's a nice lookin' ride!!!!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That looks awesome as is. Well done!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I give it :thumbsup:thumbsup

H

HHGT

Hmmm, I do not have any white cars in the stable and I LIKE THIS..:thumbsup:thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
That is GORGEOUS!!! Do not make any changes!!!

By the way, my vote for the license plate is "PENGUIN" Not trying to take away from the car because I think that is the best looking color combo I've seen so far on the new ACR's!

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hmmm, I do not have any white cars in the stable and I LIKE THIS..:thumbsup:thumbsup

HHGT, FYI, Dodge has only made white twice prior to '09, in 1998 and again in2006 with the VOI car. In each case they only made 100 units, not sure how many 2009 White ACR's will be built but my guess is way under 100. Also is your 2001 Prowler a Chrysler or a Plymouth? I had one of the last Plymouth Prowler's ever built in orange and sold it like an idiot.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
That is GORGEOUS!!! Do not make any changes!!!

By the way, my vote for the license plate is "PENGUIN" Not trying to take away from the car because I think that is the best looking color combo I've seen so far on the new ACR's!

Totally agree with you and it will be rare! Love the plate idea although CT only allows six charecters so we'll have to shorten it up somehow. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!!!

H

HHGT

HHGT, FYI, Dodge has only made white twice prior to '09, in 1998 and again in2006 with the VOI car. In each case they only made 100 units, not sure how many 2009 White ACR's will be built but my guess is way under 100. Also is your 2001 Prowler a Chrysler or a Plymouth? I had one of the last Plymouth Prowler's ever built in orange and sold it like an idiot.

I agree, there are few cars that White looks real good on. This one takes the trophy in my opinion. I wonder if Bernie is getting one.

Mine is a Chrysler with 7000 miles on her and she may get a 6.1 Hemi in her if we can fit it and if I can talk Kendall into it. Bony says to use a lot of Vaseline and it should work:biggrin

It just occurred to me that there is less than 65,000 miles in total on all the cars I have.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I agree, there are few cars that White looks real good on. This one takes the trophy in my opinion. I wonder if Bernie is getting one.

Mine is a Chrysler with 7000 miles on her and she may get a 6.1 Hemi in her if we can fit it and if I can talk Kendall into it. Bony says to use a lot of Vaseline and it should work:biggrin

It just occurred to me that there is less than 65,000 miles in total on all the cars I have.

When the Prowler first came out Montel Williams tried to stuff a chevy small block into one and could not make it work. His car was 1997 purple and they are very rare cars and they had no luck from what I remember. Of course that was ten years ago and like anything they must have found a way by now although that hemi has some big heads on it!!!:biggrin

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I remember reading about the SoCal Speed Shop stuffing a bigger engine in a few.

H

HHGT

The engine should fit okay. The trans/rear end is the problem.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
I have three ordered in different configurations. I have one ordered with Red Stripe, One with Graphite Stripe and one with Dual Blue Stripes. I have also ordered the new color Graphite.The Graphite with Black or Red stripe I think will look mean, as well as 08 colors.
The Violet 08 is in route will be arriving when I return from Vacation. These cars are smoking hot!

Last edited:

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
The engine should fit okay. The trans/rear end is the problem.

You would know best but I remember the engine compartment had a hard time housing that V6, very tight to the side panels and I also remember it being stuffed up against the cowl! The rear would need some serious beefing to handle a lot of torque as would the alcoa chassis I would think.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia

I wanted to clarify the build numbers in white, 96 RT/10's white and blue, 96 they made three White GTS cars very rare with Blue Stripes and the GT2 cars in 98 they built 102 even thogh the data states 100. 2004 White Mamba's were built and then the VOI9 Vipers. Cheers!

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I wanted to clarify the build numbers in white, 96 RT/10's white and blue, 96 they made three White GTS cars very rare with Blue Stripes and the GT2 cars in 98 they built 102 even thogh the data states 100. 2004 White Mamba's were built and then the VOI9 Vipers. Cheers!

I'm sorry for my lack of definition but I was talking about coupes not rag tops. The 1996 and 2004 cars you refer to are convertibles but you are right in regards to the color. I did not know about the 3 1996 GTS cars in white, must have been not retailed vehicles.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Bigdan was just adding some information. The 1996 white and Blue cars were a very special built cars and not many folks no about. The ACR you ordered is incredible wait until you drive it? Enjoy and Congrats.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Dodge is stingy with the color combos they allow. 2008 MY only allowed the drivers stripe if you ordered all black or the red with black center. I think that white car looks great, and if you are able to get it just as shown, you should. Changing that white stripe to red or blue would not look as good, IMHO.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I'm not even a Viper kinda' guy, but this one looks absolutely awesome. If ya' ask me, don't touch a thing. It's perfect.
OTOH, I've only ever owned one car that wasn't white...

This is the car I ordered from Chuck at Tator's Dodge albeit I'm not sure if the white driver's stripe will be available. Might do the stripe in either red (to match the calipers) or blue. Any thoughts...BD

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i would not change a thing.