2007 MY Ford GT

Dec 1, 2014
Someone is claiming to have a 2007 Heritage car that they purchased post production from Ford Factory, is this possible, I know production supposedly stopped August 2006 and then they did Canadian cars till September. Any possibilty of this, I'm working on getting a VIN #

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sounds fishy to me. Get the VIN and don't send the check to Nigeria.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Someone is claiming to have a 2007 Heritage car that they purchased post production from Ford Factory, is this possible, I know production supposedly stopped August 2006 and then they did Canadian cars till September. Any possibilty of this, I'm working on getting a VIN #

Uh, no.

Guess I'll have to tell Henry Ford III he needs to have his sill plates redone...

Dec 1, 2014
Sounds fishy to me. Get the VIN and don't send the check to Nigeria.

Not looking to buy, just checking out this info.. I don't believe it either, but owner has 5 other FGT so I'm confused

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Got any good chemicals?

Dec 1, 2014
Got any good chemicals?

No but apparently someone else does

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, with Specracer as my witness, I have tell you that - where there is smoke - there was a fire - at least in somebody's world. Attached is a photo taken at the Ford display at this years Carlisle event.

2007 Ford GT.jpg

We're guessing that the rumor may have its roots right here in this misprint.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, that's a big error... 2005-2007? This is the old Ford Racing Parts group. But it's 10 years later so noone there remembers anything. There are supposed to be proofreaders that check this stuff before the slides to to trade shows :)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I suspect it's as simple as confusing model and calendar years. But it reminds one that institutional knowledge changes with time.

If you want to have some fun with something similar, ask about the 1-2-3 finish of Ford GT's in '66. Which car crossed the finish line first. Winner gets first round of drinks free. ;-))

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Probably a very stupid error from someone that knows better...

I'm sure - no harm intended....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The #1 car of Ken Miles and Denis Hulme

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The #1 car of Ken Miles and Denis Hulme

Correct. This guy knows, but you can see the point. ;-))

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Hemmings article on the 1-2-3 finish for those who don't know the story:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...ve-won-le-mans-in-1966-heads-for-restoration/

The article doesn't mention that Miles was subsequently killed at Riverside. He would never get the chance to race at Le Mans again, which only highened the controversy over the finish.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yes Paul, a very tragic end to the GT40 legacy. The program would have never achieved the level of success without his contributions to the cars development.

Ending of that race is why I despise team orders in racing.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
weren't the Roush RE cars titled as 2007s in the UK ?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

I'll buy you a drink, but "2" is a correct answer. The car that finished 2nd crossed the finish line 1st. :)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
We did see this at Carlisle and the sad part is nobody in the booth noticed or knew the difference.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
To me, the biggest mistake was to have the leading car (Miles/Hulme) slow down. As the 3rd place car (Ford GT40 Bucknam/Hutcherson) was 12 laps behind, there was no danger to McLaren/Amon to lose 2nd place in the #2 car. The smart play should have been to slow it down to finish 1 lap (or perhaps a little less than 1 lap) behind the #1 car (Miles/Hulme), and still get the 1-2-3 photo finish.

Very sad!, as Miles would have won the triple crown of endurance racing - Daytona, Sebring & Le Mans!

Last edited: