2006 / Late 2005 GT

tbc

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2012
Howdy all. I am a newbie to the Forum, but have owned a Red '06 GT that I purchased new. I am looking for a second GT in Midnight Blue, < 3000 miles, and completely stock. I have been talking with Shelby, Marv, and others in my search, and wanted to drop a post in this "general discussion" section in the event someone knew of car coming up for sale. Please drop me a line or an email (tbcouch@tjcross.com) if you have any leads on a car. Thanks a bunch, Tim.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome aboard, 'newbie'!

(Did you check the 'GTs for sale section' here on The 'Forum, Tim?)

(I don't know if there are any GTs listed there at the moment 'cause I haven't checked it. 'Worth a peek anyway.)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

tbc

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I have been keeping my eyes on the GTs For Sale section as well!
Welcome aboard, 'newbie'!

(Did you check the 'GTs for sale section' here on The 'Forum, Tim?)

(I don't know if there are any GTs listed there at the moment 'cause I haven't checked it. 'Worth a peek anyway.)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I have been keeping my eyes on the GTs For Sale section as well!

:thumbsup

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have been a huge fan of Blue GTs since I bought my first one new. They are getting really hard to find with very low mileage (<500). I searched for two years and Marv hooked me up with a 2006. There was a no stripe 900 mile Blue being sold by the gentleman in TN on ebay but that went last weekend. Marv has a beautiful 1400 mile one in his shop. If you fins a lower mile Blue GT, it will carry a fairly high price premium, not crazy money like the Heritage, but similiar to a Black car. Worth the extra money if you are a Blue fan as it is just beautiful in person. I am sure that Shelby or Marv can get you what you want. Keep an eye on ebay, there was a lower mile Blue GT being offered by a dealer in Naples, FL a little while ago but his pricing was identical to Marv's. Good luck and post some pictures if you find one.

tbc

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for the great thoughts and suggestions. I have the really hard part completed (i.e. a spot in the garage), so with any luck the car will follow!
I have been a huge fan of Blue GTs since I bought my first one new. ... Good luck and post some pictures if you find one.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I have been a huge fan of Blue GTs since I bought my first one new. They are getting really hard to find with very low mileage (<500). I searched for two years and Marv hooked me up with a 2006. There was a no stripe 900 mile Blue being sold by the gentleman in TN on ebay but that went last weekend. Marv has a beautiful 1400 mile one in his shop. If you fins a lower mile Blue GT, it will carry a fairly high price premium, not crazy money like the Heritage, but similiar to a Black car. Worth the extra money if you are a Blue fan as it is just beautiful in person. I am sure that Shelby or Marv can get you what you want. Keep an eye on ebay, there was a lower mile Blue GT being offered by a dealer in Naples, FL a little while ago but his pricing was identical to Marv's. Good luck and post some pictures if you find one.

To bad you didn't meet EP in his day......... He had a stellar blue one with less than 20 miles on it.......:rofl

tbc

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2012
I remember when I bought my red '06 new in 2006 thinking that I should probably buy more of these beautiful cars while they are both new and available. Well, at least the 'hunt' for another car is kind of fun (and you get to meet really great people...)! Thanks to all who have been helping out.
To bad you didn't meet EP in his day......... He had a stellar blue one with less than 20 miles on it.......:rofl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I remember when I bought my red '06 new in 2006 thinking that I should probably buy more of these beautiful cars while they are both new and available. Well, at least the 'hunt' for another car is kind of fun (and you get to meet really great people...)! Thanks to all who have been helping out.

Our low mile Blue car that we have discussed will be here by Monday. I will give you a FULL REPORT on Monday, but expect it to be as new! :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

:tap: I know where you live...

tbc

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2012
Thank you sir..!
Our low mile Blue car that we have discussed will be here by Monday. I will give you a FULL REPORT on Monday, but expect it to be as new! :)