2006 Grill "Missing"

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I inquired from my Ford dealer why my grill was missing. According to what they were told that the 2006's had no grill due to overheating problems.

Anyone have overheating problems that were a result of having the grill being installed?

PL510:Jeff

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Jeff, there is some discussion on this - search 'front grill'.

Mine is an August 05 car with grill and it hasn't shown any signs of overheating, although I have yet to drive it in high heat. I haven't seen a picture of a GT without a grill- does it look OK? Neil.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
See the old posts as Neilda suggests. The '06's don't have the bug screens. Supposedly in certain high speed applications it restricts air flow. There are some pictures posted here (maybe in the archives now - see at the end of the website) of the two types of front ends. The newer grill style is much easier to identify on light colored cars because of the vertical bars.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Around vin# 1675 and beyond has no grill, fords memo says due to airflow issues at constant high speeds. A birdie that just flew in my window though suggested that the first batch of grills ran out as they were only planning 1,500 cars per year AND TO SAVE $475 PER CAR NOW THAT THEY ARE BROKE , KIND OF LIKE THE TRANNY COOLING ISSUE, BYE BIRDIE, THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU DECIDE! BEEN RUNNING 100 MILES PER HOUR CANNOT REACH 175 DEGREES VIN 1314 WITH THE GRILL. ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 WITH THE GRILL AND CAR THAT DOESNT OVERHEAT.......... :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
The only thing really changed is the upright bars that were removed for 2006. The theory being that it would expose more of the radiator to the air flow. Looking at the small number of square inches icnreased it really doesn't matter.

Dave