2006 Ford GT - "one of one"

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have been debating with myself now for more than a year whether to sell or to keep my FGT, and I have reached the decision that I simply do not enjoy the car as much as I thought I would. Not that the FGT isn´t the greatest car I have ever had but I live in Copenhagen, Denmark and several things keep me from enjoying the car enough. First of all, the registration tax is around $350000 so I´m only driving the car using my temp dealer plates which really limit what I can use the car for, secondly, I´m scared to have something happen to the car as I wouldn´t have access to FGT knowledgeable mechanics here as you guys have in the States.

I know it will be a rather poor substitute, but in my situation, I would enjoy using a Corvette C6, a Shelby GT500, a Viper or similar as a "just for fun - nice weather driver" more that I enjoy my FGT on display in my garage!

Therefore I´m putting up my 2006 white no stripe FGT up for sale. I bought the car from BJ Motors 1½ years ago and you can still see the pictures on his site.

http://www.bjmotors.biz/2006FordGT_1232.html

Car is in perfect condition, 5950 miles, no stripe, standard wheels, Macintosh sound, standard caliper color.
According to DBK this is the only FGT built to these specs.

Car has in the last 800 miles or so gotten full service, pulley & tune and Transaxle cooler by GT Guys, clear shield on front end, rocker panels and lower quarters.

Car is located in Copenhagen, Denmark, but I can ship the car anywhere in the world. Cost of container to port in the US is approx $3300 + insurance.

If you are in the EU, the car has had all import duties to the EU paid and you should be able to import this car to your EU country without any additional taxes (except if there is a specific registration tax). You will also save the cost of shipping & insurance.

If you are interested please send me an e-mail to a.nannerup@compass.dk or PM me here.

I would consider part trade with up to 2 cars. I would especially consider a reasonably lowmile C6 Corvette, a Shelby GT500 or a Viper NOT newer than 2007. (2008 cars are also OK as long as they have title stating first registration in 2007)

I would also consider a nice classic muscle car from the mid sixties to the early seventies. I would prefer to free at least 100K cash in this deal.

Update may 17th:

I have been asked by several about what cars I would consider taking in on trade so I just want to give additional info:

I would like one fairly new, fairly low mileage, preferrably not to modded, modern musclecar. This could be a pre 2008 Corvette C6, preferably a coupe (both regular as well as Z06), a pre 2008 Shelby GT500 coupe Or convertible or even a Viper. It could also be a Shelby GT coupe or convertible. I prefer colors blue, red, white over charcoal/black.

In regard to vintage cars, I am open to most mid sixtries- early seventies cars. Only requirement is that they are rustfree and unmolested. As I don´t have a 67-69 Camaro or similar Firebird in my collection, that would be a nice car for me. Would also be interested in late fifties to early seventies convertible, mid og full size. Vintage Mustang pre 70 also on the positive list :)

Best regards
Anders Nannerup

57718_ankomst_til_DK_26_sept_08_003.jpg

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rats.

Anders,

I'm bummed. I expect you to stay active here. We enjoy your posts and you are always welcome at my home when you are in the states. :cheers

Good luck with your sale.

Chip

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Anders,

I'm bummed. I expect you to stay active here. We enjoy your posts and you are always welcome at my home when you are in the states. :cheers

Good luck with your sale.

Chip

Thank you Chip, I certainly will. This great forum has been a major factor why it has taken so long for me to reach the decision, but today spending 1 hour moving cars and trailers just to get the FGT out of the garage made me realize how little I use the FGT. The past year, I have only had the car out of the garage for charity runs for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. While being a worthy cause, its not what I had in mind when bying the FGT in the first place.

See you in France
:cheers
Anders

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anders, After you go to the Le Mans race next month with the GT Group you will probably change your mind about selling your GT. Hope so anyway, we always enjoy your post. Tomy Hamon

H

HHGT

Anders, so sorry to hear of your decision. Are you sure you can't become a polygamist and find a second wife with a huge trust?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Anders, so sorry to hear of your decision. Are you sure you can't become a polygamist and find a second wife with a huge trust?

Sam.....you think soooo much like me!:eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Anders, you are approaching this problem in the wrong manner. You need more GARAGE SPACE, not fewer cars. Sorry to hear you say this. Better sleep on it until after LeMans like Tomy suggests. Prices may go up, too.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Sorry to hear this. If I can offer some advice , as a 7 Viper owner --3 currently , there are better daily drivers. You mentioned one --a C6 Vette which I have also owned --much better DD with traction control other comforts . good luck

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Thanks for the advise guys - building that much bigger garage is now the reason why it takes so long to "unpack" the FGT :wink One wife is more than enough!:rofl

Anders

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Now listed on Ebay

Weather was nice today, so I was able to shoot a bunch of new pictures. Wow it´s a beautiful car :thumbsup

24 new pictures here in the new Ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180511258251#v4-35

Anders

Aug 25, 2006
All the best with finding her a new home.

Now I do have to ask; was the $350,000.00 as posted correct and if yes based on what currency?

Takes care

Shadowman

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
All the best with finding her a new home.

Now I do have to ask; was the $350,000.00 as posted correct and if yes based on what currency?

Thank you.

The registrationtax is actually $350.000. Could end up being 325 K or 375K, but at least in that neighbourhood. Also, gotta remember that I have already 250K+ in the car here with European import duties.:wink

Anders

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you.

The registrationtax is actually $350.000. Could end up being 325 K or 375K, but at least in that neighbourhood. Also, gotta remember that I have already 250K+ in the car here with European import duties.:wink

Anders

Hi Anders

I meant not to pry and yet was curious.

Thank you for sharing as the number is IMO extreme

Takes care

Shadowman

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
hey Anders,

If Denmark charges you 300 000 euro tax to drive a car than you should simply move to another country. we registered our FGT last month in Luxembourg and it costed us 500 euro.

I never was in Denmark before and I thought it was a nice country as it invented LEGO. Just changed my mind.

If you want me to start looking for a mansion over here let me know.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
sold

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations, Anders !!

Somehow, I think you're going to miss it though...

See you at Le Mans!

Ralphie

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sweet! Where is she going might I ask???

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
The FGT will be going to London it seems. Yes, I will miss it, and when I´m in a position to have a FGT in the garage as a "museumspiece" again I will.
I have no plans abandoning this site and I look forward to meeting you guys in France

Anders

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anders, Congratulations, but after Le Mans you'll want a GT again!. Tomy

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008