2005 with 100 miles whats a fair price?

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
I found a dealer with a 2005 with 104 miles, he says make an offer. What would be the max value of invoice that one would pay?. I was thinking anything under 160 would be fair, any advise? Is there any diff beteeen the 05 and 06 that matters?

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
New or used? Which options (all four)?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It also depends on when it was built. In November of '05 Ford raised the invoice price $10k. So pre-November built should be around $155 post November build would be around $165 with all options.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BELIZE91 said:
I found a dealer with a 2005 with 104 miles, he says make an offer. What would be the max value of invoice that one would pay?. I was thinking anything under 160 would be fair, any advise? Is there any diff beteeen the 05 and 06 that matters?

You can buy a brand new fresh car (MSO) with delivery miles only for less than $160K today if you are willing to look hard for it.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Earlier this week a 2006 Blue with white all options went for $152,600 on Ebay.

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
The car is new, never titled, has the painted strips, wheels, radio options
Invoice says 154327.55 msrp 166195.00

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
BELIZE91 said:
The car is new, never titled, has the painted strips, wheels, radio options
Invoice says 154327.55 msrp 166195.00
$150,000 should get it done in the current environment. Perhaps a touch less.

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
It is a dealer, I think a 150K would be under his cost, He said he would "consider" 500 over invoice

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
152,500.00 would be my guess...

btw.... I'll bet those first 104 miles where with the back tires spinning most of the time... that's why I wanted one with minimum milage on it... mine had 3.6 miles, still in the plastic when it got here from the dealer in Minnesota.

Good Luck
mardyn

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BELIZE91 said:
It is a dealer, I think a 150K would be under his cost, He said he would "consider" 500 over invoice

The dealer needs to price at market. Cost is not relevant. Those 100 miles are expensive miles in my book. Just my humble opinion.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Florida Chris said:
The dealer needs to price at market. Cost is not relevant. Those 100 miles are expensive miles in my book. Just my humble opinion.

True. There could have been 20+ people that have driven a car with 100 miles. Or just 1-2 people. It'll always be a mystery.

Mine should be delivered with about 3 miles on it, this weekend. The dealership owner did not even drive it, tempting as it was.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
135 !!! ITS A 2 YEAR OLD CAR, THEY BETTER THROW IN THE BOOK AND COVER, IF THE VIN IS 05 UNDER 500 3 GRAND LESS. IT CAN BE DONE !!!! :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I would want to know the source of the 100 miles. If comfortable with the response, and that the car has never been damaged, I would make an offer. Probably fewer than a handful of owners on this site purchased their car for anything near invoice. If the dealer said "500 over", he will probably sell it for less than invoice. Whatever you pay, you're looking at a great deal if the car checks out.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
gtjoey said:
135 !!! ITS A 2 YEAR OLD CAR, THEY BETTER THROW IN THE BOOK AND COVER, IF THE VIN IS 05 UNDER 500 3 GRAND LESS. IT CAN BE DONE !!!! :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

JOEY! TRY SOME DECAF DUDE!! :rofl

And let's hope you're wrong. If you can buy a new one that cheap what's that make our used ones worth?? :eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
July '05 started the price increase by $10K. Any car ordered before then was at the lower price. Sticker before the increase, for a fully loaded car was 156,900. If it's got 100 miles on it, I'd start at 145 and work up to 150. It's true, you don't know who drove it before, but if there's no apparent damage, remember, the warranty starts when you drive it out; however, if it's a low number '05 (less than 500 VIN), it should have all the recalls documented and you must understand what was done. If it's a late '05, you run the risk of the half shaft problem, and I would not take the car UNTIL this has been repaired/fixed.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
There were probably 300 completed cars at Wixom during our tour, add 5 to 6 hundred to what is in the market. Play hardball If the dealer wants to move it he will cooperate. My dealer wanted 10K over until I told him how many were for sale.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeh, they can't almost give away those tungsten cars. You know, you can't see them in the rain.

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
Well guys I did it! I passed on the 05 and bought a 06 with 2.1 miles. I pick it up tommorrow afternoon. I told the guy to fill it with gas don't wash it, just prep the glass and mechanicals. I found it at a local dealer by chance.

Thanks for all the advice. Only problem I see is driving it, I sat in it for the first time. After driving my super duty around, I feel likeI'm sitting on the ground and I have to pull into a busy 4 lane street with out a light to go home. Any tips on driving it for the first time??

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
BELIZE91 said:
Well guys I did it! I passed on the 05 and bought a 06 with 2.1 miles. I pick it up tommorrow afternoon. I told the guy to fill it with gas don't wash it, just prep the glass and mechanicals. I found it at a local dealer by chance.

Thanks for all the advice. Only problem I see is driving it, I sat in it for the first time. After driving my super duty around, I feel likeI'm sitting on the ground and I have to pull into a busy 4 lane street with out a light to go home. Any tips on driving it for the first time??

congrats, post a picture when you get it, where are you located? :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BELIZE91 said:

Congrats! What color did you buy?

My only tip would be to make sure you have the shifter in first and not third. Don't laugh...it is an easy mistake until you know the car.