2005 white blue stripe. 12k miles

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Why not just sell to a dealer then? Surely money in hand now is more valuable than waiting until spring? Selling cars of this caliber is a serious PITA.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary :)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have already offered you more than you originally said you would consider selling to me for the first time you and I talked on the phone. Nothing against them, but don't let the guys telling you "Your price is cheap" or "Its a very fair / cheap price" go to your head. At the end of the day, they are not writing checks today and when they were on the SEARCH for their GT, they would have thought your price was too high. You already went up on your price once. I offered VERY close to your price. If you were ready to move it, we wouldn't be having this conversation :biggrin

This post is not intended to ruffle anyones feathers, just telling it like I see it. Being in the car business as my every day job, you gotta weed out a ton of tire kickers for each "REAL" buyer you find. It can truly be a PITA.

Fxmdken

Sep 21, 2013
Billy,

Can you shoot me an email with details about the car? Fxmdken@gmail.com. Thanks!

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
Sold Two bidders $$193K. Not bad for a private sale. I knew first guys that actually came to see GT would know what I had. Love and will miss my GT. Coolest car I will probably ever own. Will stay in touch and send pic of our house on water during process and completion.

Thanks to all that responded to my post and hope one day I can say I got another GT.

Sincerely , Bill

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations - :thumbsup

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
congrats....but once you step off the train it may be difficult to get back on with values rising.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good for you on your sale ,best of luck with the house.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
That was an interesting thread and represents a documented private sale pricing for a 12K GT as opposed to the auction circus. Seems fair for everyone at this point in time.
Thanks for sharing

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats!!! Glad you got her moved, but I'm really curious how you ended up selling for $193k when your price was $190k obo?

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
Congrats!!! Glad you got her moved, but I'm really curious how you ended up selling for $193k when your price was $190k obo?

Two buyers: one willing to pay $190 but had to wait a month funding other called me and was willing to pay more if I would sell now with a deposite and two weeks to get funding. Check received.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I can't believe how much these cars have appreciated in the short time since I have purchased mine -

Congratulations on the sale!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice sale!

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats Bill, good price and your patience paid off. Looked like a great car.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Good to hear. Surprised it took this long.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Yes, Congrats as well.

A close Friend just sold his '05 (400Mile - WT/Blue stp -4 option) for $247K this week. He loved the GT and enjoyed "Looking at it" His reasoning was the car was becoming "risky" to drive due to the possibility of a "Texter" hitting it and losing $100K in value.
Beginning to wonder if my time may be near...........?
Geeeeeeeze !

blackjadeboss

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2012
I am the lucky person who has accepted stewardship of Bill's car. He and his wife were a dream to deal with and the deal was quite easy to complete.

Got the car registered on Friday, and got out for a few hours Saturday. I had driven GT's before, and this car more than exceeds every expectation I had.

Love it. Thanks Bill. And thanks to the forum.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ftmfw!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Welcome to the forum! You are now home!
Enjoy your Gt in the best of health! Come join us at the next rally!

blackjadeboss

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2012
Thank you, and will definitely make all attempts to attend.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes Billy is top notch IMO....Congrats to you both!!