2005 Ford GT Centennial White with Blue Stripes 4K miles

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
In spite of the pleas of my fellow GT owners on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that it’s best to find a new home for my car.

I am the original owner of this vehicle. It was purchased new, sight unseen from a dealer in Minneapolis. It was shipped to Seattle in an enclosed car transporter, arriving in September of 2005.

The car (VIN 1FAFP90SX5Y401498) is Centennial white with blue stripes. It came with all four options including the McIntosh stereo, light-weight wheels, red painted calipers and painted stripes. It currently has 4000 miles on the odometer. The car is entirely stock and no modifications have ever been made. It has been garaged at all times and has never seen the track. The have been no accidents and there has been no body work or touch-up paint. It has been in the rain on only two occasions that I can recall (and this is Seattle). The only flaws that I am aware of are a small scrape on the passenger side front wheel when I hit a curb trying to do a U-turn (photo available) and a small “bubble” in the paint on the front hood on the driver’s side. It measures about 1 x 5mm and has been there since I bought the car. I have no idea what it’s from. Likely occurred during manufacturing. A photo is available, but it is difficult to see (white on white).

The car comes complete with everything that it originally came with, including the original window sticker, a color scan of the certificate of origin (the original had to be sent in for the title), owner’s manual, tire repair kit, car cover and bag, trickle charger, front license plate bracket and both sets of keys. As an added bonus, I have the official Ford GT shop manual, two Ford GT books, the 2005 Ford GT store brochure, and the Discovery Channel documentary on the GT development on DVD (Rebuilding a Race Car Legend).

The car has been serviced at regular intervals by the local Ford dealership (Ford of Bellevue; Bellevue, WA). All the service records are available. I’ve taken it in every year to have the oil changed based on time rather than mileage. At the first service, the tech noticed that the power steering pump was leaking, so this was replaced under warranty.

In April of 2007, while driving at normal speed on Interstate 90, the half-shaft bolts failed (see numerous posts). Fortunately, I was able to coast over to the emergency lane without incident. After 3 hours of waiting on the mid-span of the I-90 bridge over Lake Washington, I was towed to the dealer and the bolts were replaced with the redesigned bolts. I had actually purchased the Accufab bolts and had them sitting in the car, but the tech could not use non-Ford parts for a warranty repair.

The car was brought in last September for evaluation because at times it would be difficult to shift into reverse with the engine cold. The tech examined the shift linkages and found everything to be within specifications. Some minor adjustments were made and it has not been an issue since that time. The only other parts failures that I have experienced are the battery (died during the service visit in September of ’08 and replaced for free) and the oil pressure gauge. The gauge died just after the car went out of warranty and was replaced to the tune of $1300.

Overall the car looks beautiful and runs great. I’ve tried to take meticulous care of it and keep every extra item a car collector would want. I’ve enjoyed every minute behind the wheel but no longer have the time to take it out and give it its proper exercise. The car is begging to be driven.

If you’re serious about owning one of the hottest supercars ever to be made in the USA, let me know. I have other photos available by request.

John M.

To see pictures go to: http://pws.broadstripe.net/jamspace/

Attachments

• Front angled.jpg
    Front angled.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 9,077
  • Side view 1.jpg
    Side view 1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Drivers side front 3.jpg
    Drivers side front 3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 7,621
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
It looks like I didn't attach the photos properly. If you are interested, email me or PM me with an email address and I'll be happy to forward photos (lots of angles and details).

John M.
bustedbonz@cablespeed.com

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Okay, here's a link to see photos..

http://pws.broadstripe.net/jamspace/

Thanks for your interest.
JM

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Good luck with the sale. It's a nice, thorough ad you wrote.

gripforce-gt

GT Owner
May 26, 2009
Irvine, CA
What a great car... GL with the sales!!!

Skeet

Dec 23, 2006
Southern California
I will be in Seattle next week. Please advise how to contact you.
Thanks,

Skeet

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Hi Skeet,

You can contact me through email at bustedbonz@cablespeed.com. Let me know if you would like to take a look.

JM

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Officially sold

Thanks for all the support from the forum. The car sold this week at a very fair price. I'll try not to cry when they load it into the transport truck.

Thanks again to everyone over the past 3 years.

JAM-GT

MRFMAN

GT Owner
May 12, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
congratulations

what did your car sell for?