2 post lifts--advice

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Saw this amazing lift on BaT;
I’m headed to NADA/ATD Tuesday, I’m sure I’ll find some solutions!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Saw this amazing lift on BaT;
Somebody makes a 2 post lift with adapters like those. You can run it either way, w or w/o adapters

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Somebody makes a 2 post lift with adapters like those. You can run it either way, w or w/o adapters

Do you have a link?

This one is serious duty and with movable posts, can do different wheelbases and widths. Where did I leave my wallet?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Do you have a link?

This one is serious duty and with movable posts, can do different wheelbases and widths. Where did I leave my wallet?

BAM!!!

Reactions: 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Those lifts will make a brake job much easier.😀

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That looks like the best thing for a GT yet. It's hard to get the 2-post arms and pads under a GT to the right places to lift it, and then they are in the way of removing the belly pan. A 4-post makes access under the car easier, but then you need separate scissors jacks to get the wheels off the lift track. Or you do tire/wheel and brake work by using a floor jack.

That adaptor for a 2-post looks like the best of both worlds.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Biggest problem with 2 posts is opening & closing the doors/getting in & out.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
How do you plan to get the wheels off??? Looks like a fancy storage rack.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I bought my first lift in 2006 and debated long and hard between a 2-post and 4-post. I went with a 4-post (BendPak) with a rolling jack bridge and after ~18 years of use, I have no regrets. It is SO dang easy to drive on and off the lift with virtually ANY car/height. (Yes, long ago I discarded the BendPak short-ish steel ramps in favor of 6' long lightweight race ramps.) We do plenty of wheel/tire/brake suspension work and for that the jack bridge is invaluable. The beauty of the jack bridge is that you are positioning it EXACTLY where you want it when the car is 6' in the air. Easy-peasy to get it perfect. We still have this BendPak in our new shop and I recently purchased a second 4-post BendPak with another jack bridge. I get the advantages of a 2-post when you have very limited space.... but getting on my hands and knees and trying to position heavy telescoping lifting arms and pucks under a lowered car EVERY time it rolls into the shop.... NO THANK YOU.

Reactions: dshears and Twturbo

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
I bought my first lift in 2006 and debated long and hard between a 2-post and 4-post. I went with a 4-post (BendPak) with a rolling jack bridge and after ~18 years of use, I have no regrets. It is SO dang easy to drive on and off the lift with virtually ANY car/height. (Yes, long ago I discarded the BendPak short-ish steel ramps in favor of 6' long lightweight race ramps.) We do plenty of wheel/tire/brake suspension work and for that the jack bridge is invaluable. The beauty of the jack bridge is that you are positioning it EXACTLY where you want it when the car is 6' in the air. Easy-peasy to get it perfect. We still have this BendPak in our new shop and I recently purchased a second 4-post BendPak with another jack bridge. I get the advantages of a 2-post when you have very limited space.... but getting on my hands and knees and trying to position heavy telescoping lifting arms and pucks under a lowered car EVERY time it rolls into the shop.... NO THANK YOU.
Thanks for that perspective. Did you do dual jack bridges? I’m going to see Bendpak tomorrow to work something out

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Did you do dual jack bridges?
No. My concern with 2 is having them in the way (minor annoyance) but it is VERY rare when I would like to all four tires in the air at the same time. For wheel/suspension/brake work it is one axle at a time. I DO have a static plate bridge which I don't even typically have on the lift. On the very rare occasion where I need all 4 tires in the air, I put the static bridge on, lift one axle with the jack bridge and use jackstands to support the car before moving the jack bridge to the opposite axle.

With the new lift I did order the rolling oil drain pan. It's backordered and hasn't arrived yet. I do have some concerns about it getting in the way but I don't yet have any experience to share with that.

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
NADA vendor floor for the win. I got a show floor special on a variant of this lift. Mine will be 2 car not 3, but extended approach ramps, full drip pans (plastic not aluminum so i can remove them), 1 Bridge jack- (thx Kendall) and one removable bottle jack plate. View attachment IMG_1820.jpeg. The scissor jack lift looks pretty awesome too. Not ready for that yet, but it’s relatively affordable and only requires electric, whereas the 4 post is electric and air so compressor is required. Darn another tool purchase :)

Last edited: