2 more on exotic wrecks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No air bags, but my head did bounce off the hard foam uptop once. Another 6'4"'r or so. As I know pretty much nothing about Saleen, except from the web sites, do they do the work of that type in MI and CA? I am also considering the GTGuy group.

The building of a GT was a 3 step process, bodies made at Mayflower, then they were shipped to Saleen where ALOT of the assembly was done including paint, then to Ford for final assembly (wixom). Hence everybodys suggestion to send it to them.

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Traction Control

The RaceLogic web page is here

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control

The web page states

...The answer is to fit Racelogic Traction Control
Universally recognised as the best after market system available, not only dramatically reducing the chances of an accident, but also positively enhancing acceleration. This is why companies like Aston Martin and Lotus Cars choose to fit the system, as unlike other systems, it always improves the performance of the vehicle. The car becomes more fun to drive than before, giving the driver new levels of confidence in pushing the car to its limits without ever over stepping the mark.

They have a whole lot more info on their technical page as well as a money back guarantee. Preliminary searching says the cost would be about $4000 installed by a U.S. Dealer or $2000 for the DIY. The product also has launch control and full throttle shift.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
On the 2 wrecked exotics site.

Anyone who gives a 19 yr old the keys is a dope.

Who are these parents?

Remember a kid in high school showed up with his dads ferrari....doing 5yrs for Medicare/insurance fraud now. His dad was a quack with xyz.. after name

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
The building of a GT was a 3 step process, bodies made at Mayflower, then they were shipped to Saleen where ALOT of the assembly was done including paint, then to Ford for final assembly (wixom). Hence everybodys suggestion to send it to them.

I am thankful for all this advice. I am pretty certain I am sending it North West of here.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

The web page states

Universally recognised as the best after market system available, not only dramatically reducing the chances of an accident, but also positively enhancing acceleration. This is why companies like Aston Martin and Lotus Cars choose to fit the system, as unlike other systems, it always improves the performance of the vehicle. The car becomes more fun to drive than before, giving the driver new levels of confidence in pushing the car to its limits without ever over stepping the mark.

They have a whole lot more info on their technical page as well as a money back guarantee. Preliminary searching says the cost would be about $4000 installed by a U.S. Dealer or $2000 for the DIY. The product also has launch control and full throttle shift.

HAS ANYONE ON THE FORUM INSTALLED THIS ON HIS FGT??????
RESULTS?
INSTALL HASTLE?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I would definately send it to Saleen they did the original paint and body work, and how many chances do you get to have you car repaired by the factory that built it. Its almost like the car was never damaged when its fixed by the factory that painted it in the first place.
JMO

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
The 30 year bug bit, as that's how long it's been since my last accident. Finishing up a 70 mile errands run last Friday, the traction went away at normal speed and acceleration: only difference, it was about 15 degrees air temp. Other car avoidance was my #1 concern at the time. The below link should show a handful of the results, along with other odds and ends. My concern here is using the local dealer, who feels quite confident in the repairs, or another more uniquely qualified shop to handle repairs. All thoughts welcome on this one. And let me know if the link doesn't work, I'm just getting going at this.

Thanks to all that responded: all advice will be incorporated into my decision.

:ack

Pete,
Another suggestion. Talk with Dick von Medicus at Karosserie in King of Prussia, Pa. His phone no. is 610-279-8925. Dick's organization is recognized as probably the best repair facility for Ferraris in North America. He has also repaired a number of Ford GT's. Following my "Bambi Stike" of several months ago, I sent my GT to Dick. The car will be back next week-will give the requested update upon its return.I talked with several people who have had their GT's repaired by Karosserie, and all stated that their cars came back in better condition[panel fit, paint quality etc] than when they were new. Might be worth checking this out.
Good luck, and as was once said, "I share your pain."

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006

The web page states

Tjis sounds like something I will look into thx.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Tjis sounds like something I will look into thx.

Look at the Racelogic installation manual. The GT has 16 fuel injectors that have 16 control wire to the ECM. Racelogic only has provisions for control of 8 injectors. It would work only if both injectors are controlled by exactly the same way by the ECM, I doubt it.

Like I posted previously, it would need a custom install with auxiliary electronics. Has anyone contacted Racelogic folks about this?

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Traction Control

I asked the RaceLogic US dealer(Woodhouse) about this and they said that they do not yet support staged injectors.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Pete, that's really very sad to see the pictures of your GT. It's the same colour as mine, which gave the photographs even more impact.

I didn't fully understand how the accident happened - did you hit ice or something? 15 degrees Fahrenheit is 9 Celsius, so not cold enough.

Whatever happened, it's painful to hear about - glad you're OK and that nobody else was hurt.

As mentioned above, it 'looks' repairable - but there could be a twist or something we can't see. The rear/engine bay looks fine....

I would want the best qualified shop to repair it - assuming you want to keep the car long-term.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I didn't fully understand how the accident happened - did you hit ice or something? 15 degrees Fahrenheit is 9 Celsius, so not cold enough.

Neil- you left out the minus sign; 15 Fahrenheit is minus 9 Celsius...plenty cold enough for ice. :wink

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Pete, that's really very sad to see the pictures of your GT. It's the same colour as mine, which gave the photographs even more impact.

Whatever happened, it's painful to hear about - glad you're OK and that nobody else was hurt.

As mentioned above, it 'looks' repairable - but there could be a twist or something we can't see. The rear/engine bay looks fine....

I would want the best qualified shop to repair it - assuming you want to keep the car long-term.

Definitely cold enough for ice. More likely, just the cold surface combined with the wrong amount of pedal at the wrong time. I walked the area several times and found no trace of anything more than a light coat of pulverized road salt. I think you also picked out the best color available. I'll post photos on that same link of the repaired look when available. And I think Florida Chris is right about the conversion.

Pete S.

GT703

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2005
Pennsylvania
The 30 year bug bit, as that's how long it's been since my last accident. Finishing up a 70 mile errands run last Friday, the traction went away at normal speed and acceleration: only difference, it was about 15 degrees air temp. Other car avoidance was my #1 concern at the time. The below link should show a handful of the results, along with other odds and ends. My concern here is using the local dealer, who feels quite confident in the repairs, or another more uniquely qualified shop to handle repairs. All thoughts welcome on this one. And let me know if the link doesn't work, I'm just getting going at this.

Thanks to all that responded: all advice will be incorporated into my decision.

:ack

Pete,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. My suggestion of a repair shop would be Concours Auto Body in southern N.J. They have repaired numerous Exotics for myself and my friends. They have GT experience as they fixed a 300 mile car and used my car as a reference. Mike and Gary Battaglia are the proprietors and craftsmen and they truly care about their business. Their phone is 856-663-7580. I have no affiliation,yada,yada,yada.....

Good Luck! Gary

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Pete,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. My suggestion of a repair shop would be Concours Auto Body in southern N.J. They have repaired numerous Exotics for myself and my friends. They have GT experience as they fixed a 300 mile car and used my car as a reference. Mike and Gary Battaglia are the proprietors and craftsmen and they truly care about their business. Their phone is 856-663-7580. I have no affiliation,yada,yada,yada.....

Good Luck! Gary

Again, much thanks. The car is being sent out tomorrow for repairs and I do thank all for the great advice :cheers and information. I even listened.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
You have to not drive like you think you can.

With the whipple,you will get your **** handed to you quick. I found a huge
parking lot and got to be friends with my right foot and the whipple.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil- you left out the minus sign; 15 Fahrenheit is minus 9 Celsius...plenty cold enough for ice. :wink

Ooops! You're quite right. And yes, plenty cold enough... too cold!

Such a shame about this car. :frown