2 Ford GT owner's obsession

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I love many different types of cars. However, since becoming a Ford GT owner, I have been amazed at the number of you with multiple Ford GTs. I absolutely love my car and I certainly have a "itch" to one day be a multiple car owner, however, there are so many cars out there I would love to own and I think to spend that much money on the same two cars sounds crazy but I sort of understand. I have yet to see any person with 2 458's, 2 911's, 2 Diablos, etc

What the obsession with owing multiples? Is it the fact that you have owned or driven every supercar and none compare? Is it the collectability factor? Is it "just because you can"? Is it one stays pristine stock and the other gets modified? Is it because it's really the only American Supercar ever made?

Just curious as to why buy another FGT instead of buying another "supercar" or a few less expensive cars (Pantera, Viper, GT-R, ZR1, 997, 430, etc).

Even if any of you don't own multiples, why would you own 2 Ford GT's instead of a few "other cars"?

Thanks for everyone's time and opinions.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
One answer: Push starter; flawless performance for 8yrs.

No Supercar in last 8ys, can really match that.

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
I can answer that question as I just bought my second FGT two days ago,I had to give up a GTR and a Bentley Gt plus a 2004 Lambo Gallardo,had to sell all three for the price of One 2005 FGT,4 option low mile car,Those other cars were nice but when I walked into my garage I couldn't keep my eyes off my 2006 FGT,Its a car that comes about once in a century.If you want a GTR,go to the local Nissan store,same for the others,If you want a FGT you must come though us and I hope we stay a exclusive club and enjoy our cars on the road as well as our man caves.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Pdenaro, that's what made me pose the question . After I saw you buy your second I just had to ask the group. Congrats on your second . I'm sure lots of us are envious !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
Thank you, great question, the only other thing I would like to add is "fear" . the Ford Gt can potentially become out of reach for so many of us, me included,you can always buy a "older" model of your favorite supercar to fit your budget but what happens if the FGT hits $400k or higher, a lot of us,me included are watching like spectators,if prices go up, great! If prices go down, I'm buying:). all because I love the car first and foremost.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I can see fear being motivational bc it might be out of reach for a lot of us in a few years!!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
$200K won't buy you a new Lambo Huracan or even used 458; but 10K+ miles GTs sell near that

That's a compelling value buy, with zero depreciation risk

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Why multiple ownership ? here's one of the best answers: (minute 14:18)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eXm9nNYaU

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Spare Parts!!!
I bought my second GT 6 months after buying my first.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

Did I miss it? I see a white GT with no talking at 14:18.

Great video though!!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
That's like asking a crack head why he needs more crack.......

By the way. Number 3 is on its way:thumbsup

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
That's like asking a crack head why he need more crack.......

By the way. Number 3 is on its way:thumbsup

Good answer txviper - I have two GT's and am thinking of another myself

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Txviper and Steve...need better answers !!! Crack addicts like crack cause they get a high for a cheap product!! Pretty nice cars out there to have multiple GTs.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Head....meet crack...

On her way! Should be here in the morning. I don't think I have every been more excited about a car before. I am honored and blessed to be able to own just one of these, much less 3.

Attachments

• GTherritageShipped.jpg
    GTherritageShipped.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 235

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

Did I miss it? I see a white GT with no talking at 14:18.

Great video though!!

I'm afraid so, keep watching... it's in there between 14:18 and 14:30-

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
:thumbsup:thumbsup
Head....meet crack...

On her way! Should be here in the morning. I don't think I have every been more excited about a car before. I am honored and blessed to be able to own just one of these, much less 3.

Very nice. Good luck with it.

Dominic

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I had 2 FGT's for about 5 years. Then I questioned myself about the redundancy. I like driving my toys so I actaully traded the lower mileage car for a CGT. Miss the silver no stripe car occasionally, but my yellow CGT is stunning and also a great driving experience.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
(kidding here) but all of you SUCK for having multiples. We have 2 kids, and we want another, one for each of them. Hope the prices settle down. Should have done a second years ago. Damn. Well at least we got one.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'm afraid so, keep watching... it's in there between 14:18 and 14:30-

I was watching before on my phone and the timing was off. I watched on my computer and now I see. Good reasoning!!! Thanks.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I've been lucky enough to grow up within the car hobby and I've been surrounded by collector cars my entire life along with being lucky enough to own a few myself. With this said, my all-time favorite car is the GT40. The GT40's are completely out of my league of owning due to the heavy price increase through the years. Once Ford announced the GT was coming out I knew I'd "have" to own one. I didn't buy it new because I was hoping depreciation would set in. I waited a couple of years and decided the cars weren't your typical super car that depreciates heavily after they came out. I jumped on it and studied everything about the car that I could by reading books, watching videos & etc. (you all know what I'm talking about!)

There were plenty of factors for me:

1) The Ford GT was based off of the legendary GT40 lineage.
2) The Ford GT has/had limited supply being a 2 year run.
3) The Ford GT is a true super car and it's American made - extremely rare!
4) Similar to above: American Muscle supercharged V8.
5) Style is timeless (meaning all generations love the design of the vehicle).
6) It's fun to drive!
7) It's fun to show off the car at events, race tracks & etc.
8) Bang for the buck - I still consider the range the GT's are selling for as an incredible bang for your buck (feel free sharing examples of something more iconic in this price range)
9) Life is short - reward yourself if you're able too.
10) The passion behind the scenes - the owners, people that worked on the car, people that raced it & etc. all have true passion. This passion is contagious for many "car guys/gals" including myself.
11) This list could go on and on...

I think you get the idea... The Ford GT is a legend and the demand will only become stronger and stronger as time goes on.

Life is good,

Lance