160 and passed a state trooper crusier

rveach

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Stockdale, Ohio
They were calling for rain here in southern ohio for the next few days so I thought I would take mine out for a quick spin before heading to the office. We have a 4 lane highway which normally dosent have a lot of traffic on it so I have had the car to 180 but only once and decided I was going to run it out today at 160 I noticed a white car pulling out of a side road pulled moved over to the left lane and wouldnt you know it was a state trooper cruiser. Luckily for me it was a crusier which was being serviced by the Ford Dealer where I purchased my GT and it was a service technician test driving the crusier but man it was a scary feeling for a little while.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
That's a bitch about driving 160 on open access roads. It's not too smart. There's always a chance someone may slowly pull out onto the highway or change lanes front of you either not seeing you or thinking you are going the speed limit. I bet the guy in the cop car was more worried than you. This is how people get killed everyday.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
A certain member here got pulled over doing 160 and didn't get a ticket in his GT. I would have been a nervous wreck had that meen me :lol

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Ticket

I was on I-26 in SC recently - cruising at 90, looked in the mirror - and horrors -a State Trooper behind me! No lights - just tailgating! Owweee!

Dude pulls up next to me - paces me even - raises the Ray-Bans - scans the GT front to back - gives me a thumbs up :thumbsup and nails it...into the distance! Wow, was that luck or what! We pulled over at the next rest stop.

G.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I only speed where there are no entrance or exit ramps and no service drives for that reason. I'd be especially freaked in Ohio, having got 2 20 overs there in the past 5 years. Damn slow speed limits....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
FB GT40 said:
I was on I-26 in SC recently - cruising at 90, looked in the mirror - and horrors -a State Trooper behind me! No lights - just tailgating! Owweee!

Dude pulls up next to me - paces me even - raises the Ray-Bans - scans the GT front to back - gives me a thumbs up :thumbsup and nails it...into the distance! Wow, was that luck or what! We pulled over at the next rest stop.

G.

Your a lucky soul, had an amazing time in S.A. :biggrin