'16 GT (predicted) options list

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
for sure they need besoke paint I don't care what it cost my McLaren 650s and my lambo both have custom paint McLaren was $18K for paint but I want my color on my car not 1 of 4 choices you want to give me

Is that your Lamborghini at Lucci Elite getting detailed? Nice color.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Is that your Lamborghini at Lucci Elite getting detailed? Nice color.

that was in my garage but yes by lucci he did my lambo and tesla P85D

doing my McLaren next for paint correction and sealant thx I love blue

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
that was in my garage but yes by lucci he did my lambo and tesla P85D

doing my McLaren next for paint correction and sealant thx I love blue

That Blue is stunning! is it the same color on both or is the McLaren deeper?

Nice choice, the new FGT would look incredible in that color.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
@Davefordgt Are you in the OC? Jimmy @ lucci elite did my car as well.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Air jacks.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Pneumatic lifts normally found on race cars. Plug a quick disconnect line to the air port and the car is lifted so servicing can be done on all 4 corners simultaneously.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Does that add much weight?

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
IMO some of you are missing the point of this GT - Win Le Mans 24. Again.

Ford "has to" build xxx# of "street" vehicles to be allowed to race in a production class.

All the bling can be added to your hearts desire after you buy one. As has been done on so many of our GT's.

I, for one, hope that Ford continues to offer a niche vehicle now and then. GT's, Raptors, 302R's. etc.

But I also hope they refrain from trying to establish a "Ferrari" or "Porsche" division, with all their "if you can afford it, we'll be glad to sell it to you" options.

I don't see Ford making a "boutique" division but put aside a Ford executive(since there are too many titles already) and let that person handle custom work such as paint & wheels options. I think to a collector paint would be #1.

I see China is trying to drive gold & silver prices down again.

Ciao

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Bespoke paint would be cool.

As someone else observed, different colors would be an easy option to offer on a car that basically will be hand-built in limited production. If many of these will be used as race cars, it's almost certain that each race team will want the car painted its racing logo colors, so I'd count on that as an available option. You might not be able to specify a custom-mixed color to match your lipstick, but you'll have a wide range to choose from. We'll find out soon enough, right Dave?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does that add much weight?

They would be a racing team's choice (not Ford). It would be a tradeoff for pit time vs. weight.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
@Davefordgt Are you in the OC? Jimmy @ lucci elite did my car as well.

yes Newport coast

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
That Blue is stunning! is it the same color on both or is the McLaren deeper?

Nice choice, the new FGT would look incredible in that color.

they are pretty close I will do a side by side pic later this week

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
yes Newport coast

Ok. I'm in Quail Hill. I would love to see that Lambo in the flesh some time. Sweet ride. If you ever get that thing out to stretch its legs let me know.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Ok. I'm in Quail Hill. I would love to see that Lambo in the flesh some time. Sweet ride. If you ever get that thing out to stretch its legs let me know.

I take it or the mac out every weekend. my fav is going around the bend on Newport coast getting on the 73

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Interesting what you said about Dow partnership to develop CF...seems the experience Ford had with aluminum in our cars now going to use in the wide production in the F-150.

Maybe CF will be in wider use in all Ford vehicles in about 10 years.

I think Ford is trying by 2020 to significantly use more CF in their units. I think your 10 years number might be closer. I was reading DBK's original post about MultiMatic and forgot that they did the CF for Aston Martin on the One-77. I was reading the specs earlier today for the Aston Martin Vulcan prototype and realized MultiMatic will be doing the CF and some components for the 24 unit production for this track only super-car. The Vulcans will be probably finished before the Ford GT goes into production. It is interesting to find out what other makes Multimatic is involved in producing around the same time as production of the GT.

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
for sure they need besoke paint I don't care what it cost my McLaren 650s and my lambo both have custom paint McLaren was $18K for paint but I want my color on my car not 1 of 4 choices you want to give me

That's a great color I believe a lot more brightness than mine. Mine is close to the Jag Project 7 car. Did you get a chance to visit when your S was being built? I was there when the engine was first fired while in the S during assembly. Vent tubes plugged into the floor and fired up that mother. Had to leave before the shakedown took place.

I had posted a thread on Topaz Detailing out of London but no response. Is Lucci Elite on the same level as Topaz? I have done a lot of the paint protection on my newer cars.

http://topazlondon.com/services#topaz-paint-protection-film

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
If any of these three were options (shown on the homepage), I'd have to seek out an astrologist for advice... Wow, great color studies!

Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 7.03.17 PM.jpg