138 Mile 2006 Black no Stripe, THANKS SHELBY!

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
In August, I managed to crash my GT into a concrete barrier at high speed at the racetrack. The next several weeks were spent sitting on the edge of my seat as the insurance company (Amica Mutual) went through their claims process. Part of this process is to determine the Actual Cash (market) Value of the vehicle. This is no easy feat with GTs, particularly the rarer colors. Shelby at Elite Autos was able to provide the insurance company with actual current sales data, he is probably the only who had this data. Amica completely stood up to their obligations under the policy and I started looking for another Black no Stripe GT. Shelby called me one morning and started out by saying: I know this is going to be more that you want to spend but....." Last Thursday, received my 138 mile 2006 Black no-Stripe with 35.5 months of warranty left!

Thanks Shelby for a great experience buying the perfect car!

Mike

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Bummer about the accident, but things worked out. Congrats on the new purchase!

Life is good,

Lance

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
im glad it all worked out,

so you are saying the insurace covered the car even though you were on a race track??

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Wow, good to hear everything went ok.

I've heard of insurance covering stuff on a track as long as it's not a "race" or a timed event. If it's a HPDE, it is almost considered a driver improvement type of event.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats on the great find!

Wow. You are going to have one of the last warranties, and you'll know what to look for. Enjoy! :wink

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
The policy did exclude racing (which it defined) but did not exclude high performance driving schools or other events which do not involve timing or scoring. I highly recommend everybody read their policies...tonight! It is important to know what is and is not covered.

im glad it all worked out,

so you are saying the insurace covered the car even though you were on a race track??

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Pics please:)