07 0530 Recent Ford GT Articles

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I was in the airport today and picked up the June '07 issue of the English publication 'Octane'. There is a brief article on the new Roush 600RE with a few good pictures....but not nearly enough to get an understanding of why they want to charge a 'premium'.

In addition, the July '07 issue of Modified Luxury & Exotics has a very nice article about the Stillen Ford GT and some very nice pics.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks, any chance to scan the Modified & Exotics article and post it in the section devoted to articles?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Will do...though I won't be back from travel for another couple weeks.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Hey guys,

We have just scanned the story to our website. Here is a link to it.

http://www.stillen.com/project_vehicles/GTOrange/STILLEN_FordGT.asp

Just scroll down to the bottom and you will see the "Media Coverage" section. It is the second magazine. I believe it's a Rolls Royce on the cover.

Last edited:

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
kmillen Thanks! Great article. This gives a good account of the mods done to your car for last year's event. Looking forward to how you do this next October and wishing you well. Will you be in the right seat again? John

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
kmillen Thanks! Great article. This gives a good account of the mods done to your car for last year's event. Looking forward to how you do this next October and wishing you well. Will you be in the right seat again? John

John,

Thanks for the support and kind words. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be making it this year. We are going to try but we're not sure if the car will be ready yet. We have some new things that we want to finalize before racing it again. We are working on a different blower package that uses a new Eaton blower. It is extremely efficient and makes great torque and HP. We are also working on a new clutch design. We are working with AP racing on a clutch that weighs about half as much as factory and will be able to withstand a lot more power. AP Racing builds a lot of the clutches for Formula one. There are a few other things that we need to get sorted out before racing it again. Basically just making things faster and stronger.

I really hope I'll get to navigate again. It is an absolutely incredible experience.