06 Ford GT : Project Silver Bullet

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Since your doing all that nice fabricating, you might want to consider doing your own cold air intake. The stock box was designed for air flows supporting 550hp and this may hold you back some. Others have found large hp improvements over the OEM cold air system. Just a thought. Nice project, will stay tuned. Thanks for sharing.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Nice project, will stay tuned. Thanks for sharing.

+1 :thumbsup

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Daaaaaaaamn! Nice snakes!

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
Placement

As the days go by I get excited to get into the driver seat of my car once again, but also I get sad as fall is upon us now…. I know these things take time and the biggest factor that’s holding this back right now is getting the billet aluminum parts made. The drawings are complete and just waiting to hear on a price for machining time.

Also some of you may notice that the transmission mount is bent, these guys will also be fixing that issue. I had to use it as a temporary replacement.

The wastegates both setup and ready to get mounted onto the up pipes. The exhaust has been placed together and tack welded into place for fitment and style. The exhaust tips are the only part missing. I honestly think this exhaust setup just looks fantastic and it’s exactly what I asked for. These guys do fantastic work! On the turbos you can see the air intake pipes taking shape on both sides; these will be routed back into the stock air box.

I also drove out my lambo to these guys and started playing around with the idea of getting a twin turbo setup done. I think we shall move onto the lambo once the GT is finished...

IMG_18141.jpg

IMG_18201.jpg

IMG_18551.jpg

IMG_18471.jpg

IMG_16971.jpg

IMG_17211.jpg

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
so how did the air box mount get bent?

Beautiful work by the way, nice looking lambo too!

99turbo

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2011
Fab work looks good I like how they did the exhaust!

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007

Beautiful work by the way, nice looking lambo too!

i have that mount in right now so they can one fix it and two cut it up to do the pipes for the intake...you will see in the days to come.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Looks nice. A couple of questions though.
1) Since your FGT is not Silver but is instead Tungsten, why didn't you name it something like "Tungsten Bullet" or "Tungsten Terror" or something more descriptive of your paint color?
2) Why are all the curves in your exhaust? It appears you could have routed the pipes straight back, then connecting the X pipe just prior to exiting the bumper area instead of bending them upwards and then back down? It seems like your configuration will add a lot more heat to your engine compartment due to your extra pipe lengths. It also appears since they are sort of wrapped around the end of your transmission that they will unnecessarily heat up your transmission fluids.

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
Update!

They pulled the transmission cross member out of the car to remove the mount, Along with all this they also got the exhaust tips tacked on to get an idea of how everything will look. They also fabricated the dump tubes and got once side completed and I must say this looks stunning if I say so myself. The way the tubes just interlace together is just indescribable.

I hope the billet parts come in this week so the rest of the puzzle is here and ready for the final stages of this build. Once everything is complete and put together I can then send everything out for polishing and ceramic coating.

IMG_28591_zpscff6d003.jpg

IMG_29011_zpsbbcdbb94.jpg

IMG_28881_zps11dbe428.jpg

IMG_28941_zps08af99dd.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

+1 :confused

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
+1 :confused

Car was crashed...

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
no, if you read above it was from another car and i am using it for the purpose of this project. there will be more modifications to this mount and i rather not cut the original one from the car.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
no, if you read above it was from another car and i am using it for the purpose of this project. there will be more modifications to this mount and i rather not cut the original one from the car.

Sorry, I missed that above. Makes sense tho.

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
The Exit

IMG_28911.jpg

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
Waiting….

Amazing! Is one key word that describes everything in this picture. The new transmission mount that was cut out has been tacked into place with new metal. I’m truly excited and happy how everything is turning out. The heading may seem deceiving, but I’m truly playing a waiting game with the billet parts. I hope they come in by Friday and then these guys can start finish welding.

The next move is a big deciding factor for me as I’m stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Let’s just say airbox cooler….

IMG_30721.jpg

Last edited:

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
BILLET!!

Finally got the billet brackets in, which look amazing! I’m glad were past this stage now and moving forward now the up pipes, exhaust and dumps can all be welded. I still haven’t decided what I plan to do beyond this point….if I should do a water to air setup or not…it’s a really hard choice, but I know I have to make up my mind soon as things progress.

IMG_31501.jpg

IMG_31531.jpg

IMG_31541.jpg

IMG_31561.jpg

IMG_33571.jpg

IMG_33581.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
works of industrial art

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks like an amazing build. just wondering I see you have mounted the turbos to the transaxle housing. I remember seeing somewhere that the exhaust grows quite a bit as it gets hot I don't know is you have provisions to accommodate for this change. something to think about. look forward to seeing the final product.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool project. Can't to hear the report when it's on the road!

Ed

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Beautiful project… the way you built the exhaust will really amplify the turbo sound. That things should sound like a 747 getting ready for lift-off when you punch it. I might suggest that the ceramic coating will not be a sufficient heat barrier. You are still going to run into massive, unhood temp because of the surface area (and location) of those pipes. You might look at some inconel shielding.

Good luck.