'06 Door Window Frame Nutserts

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Hi, I'm finishing up a re-assy after accident damage repairs I'm doing on my own '06 to keep.
Anyone know where I can get the sheet metal screw inserts? They go in the upper window frame
to the door shell to secure the window frame trim. Very odd hole opening 3X16 mm. Rectangle.
Not in the Ford online catalog. Thanks if anyone has a lead. Really would like OE.
DoorWindowFrameScrewInserts.jpg
DoorWindowFrameScrewInsertsshowing16mmholelength.jpg
DoorWindowFrameScrewInsertsshowing3mmholewidth.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You need to talk to the GTGuy.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Thx I'll give Rich a try.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
They look similar to some of the Ford “trim panel nuts”. Always a huge pain matching up hardware.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do you have the service book/CD? If not, have you tried fordparts.com (or wherever it takes you). Enter vehicle info and start drilling down into the doors and windows (under body parts). Some of the sections show the parts breakdown. The parts breakdown probably shows what you're looking for and then google search that for third party equivalents.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
They are not listed anywhere and you can not remove them from your old door. I do not even worry about them and just run screws tight in new door.. Ford does not have a part number on them nor can they find them in the system.. If someone finds them I would be happy to buy some but I have not used them in many doors I've replaced..

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
They look similar to some of the Ford “trim panel nuts”. Always a huge pain matching up hardware.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have some similar inserts from Mercedes. Can't find anything from Ford.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Do you have the service book/CD? If not, have you tried fordparts.com (or wherever it takes you). Enter vehicle info and start drilling down into the doors and windows (under body parts). Some of the sections show the parts breakdown. The parts breakdown probably shows what you're looking for and then google search that for third party equivalents.
Hi, I have an account with Ford's OE Repair Link site. Spent long hours on my journey there and on the internet. No go. I've matched up similar with Mercedes drip rails on an older model. May have to modify the holes slightly to accept them. Thanks for the input.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
They are not listed anywhere and you can not remove them from your old door. I do not even worry about them and just run screws tight in new door.. Ford does not have a part number on them nor can they find them in the system.. If someone finds them I would be happy to buy some but I have not used them in many doors I've replaced..
I carefully cut around all of the old fastener mount landings and removed them from the old door. Careful squeezing from the back side liberated most of them. Some of them just broke though. Very fragile fasteners.
Totally agree on the no part number found thing. Thanks for the input!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Show them to a body shop and/or glass shop.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Show them to a body shop and/or glass shop.
Hi - Thanks for reply! I am a body shop and have a workaround already planned. Always looking for the OE solution first though. Doing my own car.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Hi - Thanks for reply! I am a body shop and have a workaround already planned. Always looking for the OE solution first though. Doing my own car.
Please share your workaround. Thanks.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Please share your workaround. Thanks.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
I opened the rectangular wholes just enough to receive Mercedes drip rail plastic nutserts for the 4 OE Ford nutserts that I didn't have. The fitment of the door window frame molding is quite tight. I used 3M strip caulk to fix the position of the OE Ford nutserts as they float depending on the bore holes in the molding. I also used 3M black silicone on the forward, top, and rear face applied to the molding while it is tagged on the lower row at the belt line allowing the whole molding to pivet out and receive sealer after dry fitup and then pivet the whole thing in after applying the silicone and then installing the screws. This I believe closely matched the OE build process. Murphy as always is in the house. I had to buy the new surround molding as my car door was quite damaged. Guess what came in the box? A bag with all screws and all OE nutserts that are not in the catalog that I already modified my door for the workaround! The workaround did work and I now have some OE nutserts for a souvenir.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Figures. Hopefully you have saved someone else the pain.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
You need to talk to the GTGuy.
Hi,

April from Rich's shop got back to me. She said they've got some! Too late though for me.