05 Diesel Excursion

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Any one here own an 05 diesel excursion with the banks power pack on it by chance?

Looking at new diesel tow vehicles and there really is nothing out there that I like that does the whole job. So looking at low mileage excursions... :eek:ld:

I'm curious about the pack on the 05 motor. One local guy "claims" that he's getting 22-26mpg out of his excursion. But then again he works for the Ford Dealership and they install the kit. :skep:skep:skep

Thanks

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I own an 05 diesel excursion, and I would love to get 22-26 mpg!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Thats why I am trying to find someone who has one to verify.

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
6.0 stroke

Never seen so many problems and repairs on Fords 6.0 litre. They are in my shop almost daily. Besides terrible turbo lag, injector problems and oil leaking, you could chip, cold air intake and bigger exhaust and still not run as good as the Cummins or Duramax... Got an 05 excursion in shop right now with 31k and has dtc's for injectors and lean fuel condition. Found intercooler coming apart at seams. I always liked Ford trucks... but the 6.0 litre was a big mistake in my, and all the techs I know, opinion.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Never seen so many problems and repairs on Fords 6.0 litre. They are in my shop almost daily. Besides terrible turbo lag, injector problems and oil leaking, you could chip, cold air intake and bigger exhaust and still not run as good as the Cummins or Duramax... Got an 05 excursion in shop right now with 31k and has dtc's for injectors and lean fuel condition. Found intercooler coming apart at seams. I always liked Ford trucks... but the 6.0 litre was a big mistake in my, and all the techs I know, opinion.
on a good day 13 to 15

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
thanks for the info. but looking for an suv with a diesel that can hold the gear and pull the trailer. I know FlChris likes his toureg but I have yet to find one local to drive and am a bit concerned about stopping the trailer. Just seemed that the industrial layout of the excursion is better suited ... except for the motor.

I guess the search continues... I wish Mercedes would import the GL430 Diesel.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
What about an H1 or H2?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
What about an H1 or H2?

Even less room inside than the Land Cruiser ... been there .... drove that ... only then people shot at me. With the price of gas being what it is the tree huggers might start that next.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... Just seemed that the industrial layout of the excursion is better suited ... except for the motor

'Solution is simple: 'engine transplant.

('Simple'. Not 'cheap'.)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know FlChris likes his toureg but I have yet to find one local to drive and am a bit concerned about stopping the trailer.

I don't own one but a diesel toureg tried to race me in my M6. I was laughing about it until the light turned green. That truck will moooove. I was literally smoking my tires to real him in. It's sick torque.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Here's a conversion kit...

http://www.fordcummins.com/

Between my dad and I we have had three diesel excursions, one 7.3 and two 6.0's. No major trouble with any of them but the 6.0's do weird/intermittent/unexplained things. A new cummins diesel in an 05 Excursion would be ideal imo.