05/06 Power Steering Hose Deterioration

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I just came across this thread looking to purchase another hose for a friends Heritage. After reading that the new return hose is failing in the same fashion as the original I went to check my GT . I can confirm my new replacement hose is weeping just like the original. Any updates on new hoses that don’t fail?

Last edited:
I just came across this thread looking to purchase another hose for a friends Heritage. After reading that the new return hose is failing in the same fashion as the original I went to check my GT . I can confirm my new replacement hose is weeping just like the original. Any updates on new hoses that don’t fail?
I've had two of the after market ones go bad - the "original" and its (free) replacement. Apparently not a peep from the supplier since last September .....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The only way to get a hose that won’t seep is to build a silicone hose and they kinda look like they are wrapped like you would wrap something with electrical tape etc. Unless a hose is made with some sort of liner a rubber water hose which was used by ford will not work or last and they will always bleed oil as they are not designed for oils.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Could this be made to work? Titan UFW Ultraflex 2SNK Braided Hydraulic Hose. Min bend radius 3.5 inch.

Maybe this is a good option?

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Maybe this is a good option?