I have decided to sell a historical Ford GT (40) item.

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
I have decided to sell a historical Ford GT (40) item.

In the photos you will find the First set of Penske Racing Shocks for the FGT.

The Shock Package for sale is prototype set # 1.
The very first aftermarket shock for the Ford GT (40)

And is on e-bay@

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250399438017

And it has caresticts that separate them from all other products from T&A Shocks LLC. Or any products from Penske for that matter

First - the Bearing Caps are anodized gray (Instead of the normal gold Penske uses).

Second – The body end caps were laser engraved with the words “Penske Racing Shocks”.
Then under that label is the official “FORD GT “logo.
Then on the reverse side are the words “ FRONT “ and “ REAR “ labels so there is no question where this part should be installed.
This is the only set in existence with this engraving!

When completed the package was evaluated on P.B.-1.1 (the Yellow car that was made famous in the video when we went to Nardo Italy). Thanks go to SVT for allowing us usage of the car and test drivers. For this after hours, non-Ford development.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOt...read.php?t=12035&highlight=Nardo+Video&page=2

So yes this shock package is sold as used. And has a few minor scratches near the lower eyelets. That are difficult to see, and would never be visible once installed on your car.
I say used but only slightly. There never were out of my control. And were removed and placed in storage after each test. I also tested them on our shock dyno over the weekend.
Confirming they are still performing in “as new” condition.

This particular damper package is:

It is my personal favorite shock combination. And like no other in a number of ways.

Does have a thread body and spring seat – for setting a custom ride height.

Does not have external damping adjustment, but is completely re-valvable and
Re-buildable.

Spring seats are custom one of a kind. Sized for use with the stock Ford GT springs.

They are fitted with modified stock Ford GT top Isolators.

And built with the T&A Shocks no-compromise valve code.

Complete ready to bolt on coil-over package.

The reserve is set at one dollar over the starting price.

So the first bidder could be the winner?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I really think you should become a paying member before advertising "for sale" items here. Cheers!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dear Yellow Nardo, Alex is the one you want to get your race shocks and alignments from. Perhaps you don't recognize who he is or what he has contributed to development. I'm sure you met him in Vegas, just don't realize it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That comment I hope was in jest...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Prowler,
This is funny ,Alex was the last person do do a burn out in the Nardo car b4 you bought it !!!! There is something funny to me about that !!!
Alex phone home !!!

Last edited:

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Lucky

I really think you should become a paying member before advertising "for sale" items here. Cheers!

You Sir, are lucky Bony has not chimed in! :frown

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"You Sir, are lucky Bony has not chimed in! :frown"

I was just thinking the same thing....

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Please keep in mind that Alex was one of the original engineers on our cars. We are lucky to have them involved with the site and to continue to try and make improvements in our girls.

Its an opportunity for someone to get something unique out of a person that put alot of time and personal effort making the cars better. I don't believe we ask rich, the gt guys, alex or anyone that was a part of the original team for anything other than their knowledge and help.

Alex post away..your earned it every time I fire up the car and enjoy it.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Alex,

Good luck with the sale. Hope you are well. I got a new Ford Zetec motor for my Caterham since we talked at Rally III. 185 RWHP in an 1100 lb car. Not bad for a 4 banger!

Guys...just remember....WWBD. (What would BONY do?)

AC

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Alex, it was my pleasure to meet and talk with you in Scottsdale while the GT guys worked on my car. You are an enormous addition to our little community, and I will look closely at anything you want to let us know about, advertise, or sell here - and I hope everyone else does too.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
History.

Gentlemen,

Alex is a pleasure to work with. I love the T&A shocks he built for my car! If I did not already have some, I would buy these as they have a most interesting history.

Chip

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Gentlemen,

Alex is a pleasure to work with. I love the T&A shocks he built for my car! If I did not already have some, I would buy these as they have a most interesting history.

Chip

Well put, couldn't agree more!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Guys...just remember....WWBD. (What would BONY do?) AC

Nardo probably thought he was doing what he thought Bony "would do", just a honest mistake of not knowing who Alex is. Or, it was a very good joke! All is good.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I don't know Alex - but I'd like to declare my love for him.

It's just that I like joining in. :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I don't know Alex - but I'd like to declare my love for him.

Another staid British post ----:cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joining in.

Neil,

I saw photos this morning of several London area businesses that boarded up their doors and windows so they could not be smashed out by anticapitalist protesters. I assume you're keeping your Ford GT inside and out of sight until that mob leaves your beautiful city. Every time the G-8 leaders get together it leads to mass protests. Perhaps they should do a teleconference instead. :biggrin

Chip

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
I don't think there's anyone we'd rather have join in, Neil!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil,

I saw photos this morning of several London area businesses that boarded up their doors and windows so they could not be smashed out by anticapitalist protesters. I assume you're keeping your Ford GT inside and out of sight until that mob leaves your beautiful city. Every time the G-8 leaders get together it leads to mass protests. Perhaps they should do a teleconference instead. :biggrin

Chip

Ah yes - the vacuum (for I believe that is the collective term) of barely functioning cretins that are the the anti capitalist protesters. 'The City' (our version of Wall Street) generates nearly £70bn of tax a year, around 14% of the total tax take for the UK and is just one square mile in size.

Without this tax, the protesters would not have access to the vast range of benefits they all claim. Most of them don't have the foggiest idea about the subject of their protest, it's simply the chance to throw bottles at the Police and assault anyone they suspect of being a banker. At the end of the day they will return to their 'dwellings' and shuffle more credit cards around and buy another plasma screen.

I live about 50 miles south of London in the green and pleasant rolling hills of Surrey. My GT is all tucked up in the garage, far away from these dreadful people! :biggrin

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Alex,

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.

So was the Quick Silver car faster then the Yellow car?

Best Regards,
Jason

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
:pop

it's pollen season out here in NC..... rolling clouds of green dust. Can't drive the car. Interesting thread..... from Alex :)thumbsup) putting up the proto's to Prowler to Rocketman - Frank .... a quote "WWBD", Chips entrance and the Neilda - where the G8 was brought into this thread....

time for another Plymouth Gin and to fire up the BBQ! Carcass tonight!

Waldo - did ya get settled in?