Le Mans 2016 - June 18th and 19th, 2016

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Never been to France. Would like to go. Let me ask the boss.

Who do I coordinate with???

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Dooh! Just saw the sticky.. Sorry. :facepalm:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would like to add LeMans to my GT's track list!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 307

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I thought I heard none of our GT's are going to LeMans this year... Insurance was to expensive??

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So far that seems to be the case.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
What's the story on accomodations? We got a message about sharing a chateau and we, along with others replied in the affirmative. Is this confirmed or do we need to look for a place?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What's the story on accomodations? We got a message about sharing a chateau and we, along with others replied in the affirmative. Is this confirmed or do we need to look for a place?

Yeah, sorry that Chateau got stolen. I told them "yes we'll take it" and a couple days later "oh so sorry it's now been taken."

I ended up taking a bunch of rooms at a golf resort a little over 30 miles out. It's basic, but it's the only place we can fit most of the GT people that allows everyone to get their own bathroom. All the responses were "get me my own bathroom" so that's priority 1. Also, it's a lot cheaper. Will send pics to those on the list shortly.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Yeah, sorry that Chateau got stolen. I told them "yes we'll take it" and a couple days later "oh so sorry it's now been taken."

I ended up taking a bunch of rooms at a golf resort a little over 30 miles out. It's basic, but it's the only place we can fit most of the GT people that allows everyone to get their own bathroom. All the responses were "get me my own bathroom" so that's priority 1. Also, it's a lot cheaper. Will send pics to those on the list shortly.

That's a bummer but not that surprising considering it's France and were a bunch of GT fanatical Americans. It's probably for the best because when the GT wins its class we will end up leveling whatever place we are staying in from raucous celebration.

Vince H

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
That's a bummer but not that surprising considering it's France and were a bunch of GT fanatical Americans. It's probably for the best because when the GT wins its class we will end up leveling whatever place we are staying in from raucous celebration.

Vince H

Agree!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
What are the dates everyone is looking at staying in the Le Mans area? Booking flights now and planning our trip to Lake Como after the Le Mans portion is concluded. Sorry to hear we may not be able to have our GT's there.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK

Would that be the one in Ballon? If so I have been there...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Checking on tickets from Atlanta they are cheaper with a 7 day stay.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Dear American Friends.

1 / Regarding your hotel for the weekend of the 24 hours of Le Mans :

For large events like the 24 hours or the «* Le Mans Classic*», the best places in the region, are reserved each year for the following year.
Although everyone takes advantage of the situation to significantly raise prices, and require residence times of up to a week, everything is quickly complete 100 km around the circuit.
It is the reason why, for the Le Mans Classic, I had to book two years in advance, to get 60 rooms near the circuit, in conditions of acceptable prices.

For the weekend of 24 hours, shame that no one used the completely voluntary and free help I have always offered. Everything is of course easier directly from France.

This morning I phoned Mrs Flore GIRAULT, in Le Mans.
Her organization is the best possible, as she is locally known and appreciated by all who offer rooms in the Le Mans région.
I explained your problem, and she indicated that she still have solutions for you !!!
She only needs to know the number of rooms required, the dates, etc ...
So, my advise is to try to group you, and and contact her, without losing a second. It could be useful, to use the reference of my name (Francis Breitmann) and the European Club.

This lady is absolutely charming and speaks English.
Her contact details are:

Mrs Flore GIRAULT
flore@destinationcircuit.com

DESTINATION CIRCUIT*
Agence Voyage IM072110007
LMHR - 70 boulevard Alexandre Oyon*; F- 72100 Le Mans
Tel +33(0)243*200*700*; Fax +33(0)243*200 770

www.destinationcircuit.com
——————————————————————-

2 / Regarding the insurance of your Ford GT on European roads :

I discovered this unexpected problem, reading you on this forum.
I immediately wanted to know if I could solve this problem from Europe.

As incredible it may seem, I return heaven and earth for several months to try to find a solution.
The problem is that not any American Insurance Company have the approval for Europe, and no European company can provide a car with US plates. It is incomprehensible in this time of globalization, but it is.
Obviously, European laws prohibit a car to be driven without being insured.
I finally succeed to contact the Administration in charge of that for all of Europe.
I just succeed to obtain that for a few hundred Euros, this Administration deliver to you, the permission to ride with your Ford GT, legally, on European roads.
BUT, this authorization does not cover you against any damage, that you or your car may suffer if you make a mistake, or in case of theft or fire. This coverage should continue to be made by your American Company.
It it necessary that you asked it the question very quickly. If it accepts, there is no more problem.

Furthermore, I continue to study with the only European Company that accepts, the opportunity to insure you and your Ford GT,* «*all risk*» during the month of your stay. At this stage of the study, it could be possible if you would be a group of ten cars minimum, for which I would personally contract a «*group insurance*», each of which reimbursing me the part of money I would pay for him. I do not like this idea, but if this is the only solution, I will accept that, only to help you, and hoping not to have any problem.
The study is ongoing, and I will have the first results of feasibility and price in a little over a week. I'll keep you posted immediately on this Forum.

I hope to see you at the steering wheel of your Ford GT.
Best regards from France.

Francis (Saint Ho).

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I would love to bring my GT over for the event! My insurance agent has said "no way" - but keep me posted on any group purchase!

Also - for those looking for rooms - I found many options on Airbnb

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Thanks for your efforts Dave. Priority 1 is getting to stay with the rest of the GT Forum members in the same place. A couple of rounds of golf sounds good also!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Thanks for your efforts Dave. Priority 1 is getting to stay with the rest of the GT Forum members in the same place. A couple of rounds of golf sounds good also!

Yup, I'm presuming that Mr B will get us all good options for accomodations?

Regarding golf, I'm only 64 so not yet old enough to play it. I'll probably start around the same time as I buy my first Rolls Royce

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
About the problem of the insurance of your Ford GT in Europe, I share with you the just arriving message of the Insurance Company in charge of your problem :

" Monsieur BREITMANN.

As agreed, I can confirm that we are able to guarantee the vehicles FORD GT, following the mandatory insurance non Community European vehicles to ride on the French territory, but also European.

The guarantee will focus on civil liability, compulsory vehicle.
It covers all the damages caused to other persons, cars or things.
Thus we need the gray card for each vehicle, the name and address of each owner.
Also the dates selected to ensure vehicles for this period.
Insurance premiums will be (for example), for 45 days, for these vehicles around € 250 per car.
The remaining warranty is a guarantee «*damage to your vehicles*».
As such, I think that an extension of*guarantee must be included in the contract*(AUTOMOBILE) origin American, and that a simple request of the insured to the insurer may be requested to complete the warranty on the French territory (EEC)".

I think it is a good news !

Francis (Sant Ho).

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Yup, I'm presuming that Mr B will get us all good options for accomodations?

Regarding golf, I'm only 64 so not yet old enough to play it. I'll probably start around the same time as I buy my first Rolls Royce

Too funny... to young to play golf :) don't tell that to Jordan Spieth! If you wait much longer to start you won't hit the ball more than 100' :)

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
About the problem of the insurance of your Ford GT in Europe, I share with you the just arriving message of the Insurance Company in charge of your problem :

" Monsieur BREITMANN.

As agreed, I can confirm that we are able to guarantee the vehicles FORD GT, following the mandatory insurance non Community European vehicles to ride on the French territory, but also European.

The guarantee will focus on civil liability, compulsory vehicle.
It covers all the damages caused to other persons, cars or things.
Thus we need the gray card for each vehicle, the name and address of each owner.
Also the dates selected to ensure vehicles for this period.
Insurance premiums will be (for example), for 45 days, for these vehicles around € 250 per car.
The remaining warranty is a guarantee «*damage to your vehicles*».
As such, I think that an extension of*guarantee must be included in the contract*(AUTOMOBILE) origin American, and that a simple request of the insured to the insurer may be requested to complete the warranty on the French territory (EEC)".

I think it is a good news !

Francis (Sant Ho).

Does DBK know about this option?