GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Picked mine up today too. What a fantastic document, Stephen. You are a true artist. The pictures, the stories, the comments and memories of the team are all epic. Adding the drivers commentary is / was a fabulous idea. Sandra and I were supremely lucky to be able to attend LeMans and Portmaio and this makes it feel just like yesterday. Just brilliant!

And in some ways so very sad. The loss of Martin. And Ray - though I did not know him well.

I'll be wearing the pages out of my copy, good thing I have two.

(I like the Spark models, Ralphie. I have those on my desk at home and work.)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...(I like the Spark models, Ralphie. I have those on my desk at home and work.)

I really like them too, Joe. And, they're quite accurate, with the white mirrors on the guys' car (#60) and red mirrors on the gals' (#61) and also the Warson sponsor on just the gals' car rear quarters, as I think that was one of just Natacha Gachnang's sponsors.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I received my books today, set #34 of course!! Most excellent and very rare memorabilia. For members who missed out on these, they will never be reprinted but after they are all shipped and any lost or damaged copies are replaced there will be a few sets that are yet unsold but I'm not sure how many. If you want one of the 99 book sets you should send Steven a PM ASAP and get one of the few remaining sets. I acquired two sets for my library. Well done Steven!!!

Chip

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I really like them too, Joe. And, they're quite accurate, with the white mirrors on the guy's car (#60) and red mirrors on the gal's (#61) and also the Warson sponsor on just the gals car rear quarters, as I think that was one of just Natasha's sponsors.

I've been searching high and low for the spark model cars - I managed to get the #61 car but have come up short with the #60 car. I'll continue my hunt!

They are awesome!

Lance

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
I agree they are hard to come by... Anyone looking to sell any extra's of the Spark Cars or know where we can get em :)

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Don't forget the Marc VDS cars! And if you're really keen, there is also the Robertson car that finished 3rd in 2011.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If anyone ever comes across any of the above cars, I too would like them, especially the Matech #60 and #61 cars.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would also be interested in #60, and #61

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I e-mailed Spark to see if they might make us some of the Matech, Marc VDS and Roberton cars if we placed a large enough order. Don't have super high hopes, but worth a shot.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Just received my book set. Unbelievably fantastic! The book is just awesome! Well worth the wait. Thanks so much Steven for putting this together and allowing us to be a part of the Matech team through your lens. DBK, if you need an order for the #60 and #61 car, I'm in!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
"Hello Dave,

Thank you for your message and your interest in our models.

All the models you are looking for is out of stock and there is no plan for reproduction for time being.
For considering a reproduction, the minimum order quantity is 300pcs.

Please let us know should you need any further information."

Safe to say we won't be needing 300 models. :lol I asked for a price anyways.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Double FYI, I was told in a follow-up email that at an order of 300 pcs the unit price would be $30 bucks, and that's only if they confirm their licensing deals would allow the models to be reproduced. Not as bad as I thought.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Licensing deals? Pah! They never spoke to Matech about this back in 2010. I for one would have known.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Double FYI, I was told in a follow-up email that at an order of 300 pcs the unit price would be $30 bucks, and that's only if they confirm their licensing deals would allow the models to be reproduced. Not as bad as I thought.

Part of the Rally goodie bag?:)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Licensing deals? Pah! They never spoke to Matech about this back in 2010. I for one would have known.

Very interesting....hmmmm

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can only assume that if you place your car on the grid, the ACO is the one that owns the rights to license out vehicle likenesses any way they want.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
$30 each? I'm in.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yeah, selling 300 shouldn't be a problem. We have done far more ridiculous things than that here many times. Order up.

Chip