Standard Wheel Custom Center Cap

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
A couple us have talked about making a center cap for the standard wheel. Well, for me the problem is solved.

I love the look of the standard wheels without the fake knockoff center. I used the lug nuts from the optional BBS wheels, and took off the casing to the valve stem so it is just rubber. With the center cap, to me, it looks like how it is supposed to. I actually like this better than any aftermarket wheel that I have seen so far.

The center cap is an OEM part - Ford part number 7L1Z-1130-CB. It is off a 22 inch truck wheel from the Ford aftermarket stuff. They are plastic press in with spring tension. There are four small tabs on the back that need to be removed so it sits flush against the wheel - very easy job. It fits PERFECT.

A couple of the pictures are with a different cap - before the Ford one just so you can get general view. The standard wheels have the same general lines / depth / form as the Optional BBS - it is just that the knockoff cap tends to make them look flat. They have a nice shape to them when they are "opened up".

BTW, the tires are the Bridgestones.

Attachments

• Post1.JPG
    Post1.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 819
  • Post2.JPG
    Post2.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 825
  • Post3.JPG
    Post3.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 688
  • GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 664
  • GT5.jpg
    GT5.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Pics?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.

Sorry - edited them for a second.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Very nice. I think I will see how they look on mine. Looks like they were made specifically for the wheel.

John

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Very nice. I think I will see how they look on mine. Looks like they were made specifically for the wheel.

John

I think they will look nice on yours being that your wheels are fully polished! :thumbsup

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I think they will look nice on yours being that your wheels are fully polished! :thumbsup

On order. :thumbsup

John

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
With Derry's nuts .................. it would look great ! :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Those look really smart - so that's just a standard Ford part (plus lug nuts)? I wonder if they're available in the UK?

My centers have discoloured....

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Those look really smart - so that's just a standard Ford part (plus lug nuts)? I wonder if they're available in the UK?

My centers have discoloured....

Should be available. If not, let me know and I will help.

Yes, standard Ford part and the lugs that are with the optional GT (BBS) wheel.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can assist with these items and ship worldwide if needed.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
They look good:cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I can assist with these items and ship worldwide if needed.

Thanks Torrie (and AZGT)...

Torrie, can you post a picture of the actual part as I'm a little unclear what is included. I can't find that part number in the UK - is it for a US model truck only I wonder?

Thanks

Neil

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I do not have a cap here on my desk to take a picture of I can get them though. 7L1Z-1130-CB = 1 center cap.

So you would need
4 X 7L1Z-1130-CB center caps
20 X 4R3Z1012-AA lug nuts

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Didn't want Derry's nuts? You're very right - nice and clean.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I ordered mine and this the first mod I've seen under a $100!:thumbsup I'm sure there's others.

John

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Thanks Torrie (and AZGT)...

Torrie, can you post a picture of the actual part as I'm a little unclear what is included. I can't find that part number in the UK - is it for a US model truck only I wonder?

Thanks

Neil

Here you go. Just a simple press in cap. The black arrow is where one of the little tabs was that needs to come off (makes it sit flush on the wheel). Perfect fit - perfect size - just a little bit of the wheel hub showing around it like it should. Looks made to order.

Attachments

• cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 359
  • cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 368

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Great timely post...Thanks to Lee, (Somelee), I have a beautiful new set of 6 spokes designated for track use with Hoosier R6's. I have been contemplating either powder coating entire wheel black, and/or polishing the lip and painting the remainder black. Now thinking either completely polishing out entire wheel, or polishing lip area and painting the rest black with AZ's center cap look :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I do not have a cap here on my desk to take a picture of I can get them though. 7L1Z-1130-CB = 1 center cap.

So you would need
4 X 7L1Z-1130-CB center caps
20 X 4R3Z1012-AA lug nuts

How much?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
How much?

No charge to take off the valve stem cover :thumbsup Truly a cheap GT modification. Plus it saves weight.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
WHITE IS THE FASTEST COLOR :lol