Rally 11 - COTA

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nah, it's 34 floors. One large hotel with some great bars & restaurants here & within a few blocks. Wine store across the street also. No Uber or Lyft here. The ride share company is called Fasten. You can get the free app before you arrive. We've been using it for the last two evenings.

Hurry up,
Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The hotel parking managers are excited about the GT Rally. Their names are Adrian, Edgar & Sarah. I gave them a tip already but will give more when it's over. They have blocked off one half of the lower parking garage P3. So far our 5 CA cars look lonely. It is very safe & secure parking with an easy entrance & exit for our low cars. Use the Brazos St parking garage entrance which is easier to negotiate than the front entrance on 2nd St. Both are doable though. Your room key will open the parking garage gate but you'll have to have them add parking when you get your key. Or call me & I can let you in & show you where to park. Just drive all the way down till you can't go further & that'll be P3. There are signs on that level for GT Rally parking. Today we are going to San Antonio. The weather is great.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7869.jpg
    IMG_7869.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 329

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
c9f1268d186f3316b11fa59ca30048c0.jpg

Can't wait to meet all of you. Your GTs look cool in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
The hotel parking managers are excited about the GT Rally. Their names are Adrian, Edgar & Sarah. I gave them a tip already but will give more when it's over. They have blocked off one half of the lower parking garage P3. So far our 5 CA cars look lonely. It is very safe & secure parking with an easy entrance & exit for our low cars. Use the Brazos St parking garage entrance which is easier to negotiate than the front entrance on 2nd St. Both are doable though. Your room key will open the parking garage gate but you'll have to have them add parking when you get your key. Or call me & I can let you in & show you where to park. Just drive all the way down till you can't go further & that'll be P3. There are signs on that level for GT Rally parking. Today we are going to San Antonio. The weather is great.

Ed

Goes without saying, but have some drinks on the river and do the touristy boat ride.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Ed

Its starting !!!!! cars do look lonely but not for long..

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
The hotel parking managers are excited about the GT Rally.
I bet they are at $60 a day :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I bet they are at $60 a day :lol

don't forget tax!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Nah, it's 34 floors. One large hotel with some great bars & restaurants here & within a few blocks. Wine store across the street also. No Uber or Lyft here. The ride share company is called Fasten. You can get the free app before you arrive. We've been using it for the last two evenings.

Hurry up,
Ed

the interweb says Uber is in Austin... Ed are you sure they are not there?

https://www.uber.com/cities/austin/

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Our jackass city council regulated Uber and Lyft out of town. I hear the loss of Uber and Lyft cost the city of Austin a 40 million dollar transportation grant. My wife has used Fasten and likes their service.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Just arrived. Weird travel day. Glad to be here.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I believe parking is $30-40/day.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7927.jpg
    IMG_7927.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 223

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A few more cool cars are here now!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7941.jpg
    IMG_7941.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_7944.jpg
    IMG_7944.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 231

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
San Antonio was very cool: the Riverwalk & the Alamo. The place we where we had lunch has a motto: Our margarita's are so good you won't remember the Alamo! LOL

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpg
    IMG_7947.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 228

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Ed

$48 + $12 GT tax = $60/day + local taxes.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
A few more cool cars are here now!

Ed
Those two cars are cousins! Lil Bro came to supper last night. lol

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Ed

Coolest sign ever!

88f15251818b08b7db2f72d05f4b12f0.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Those two cars are cousins! Lil Bro came to supper last night. lol

I thought so since LoveCHP said you guys met for dinner!

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Love the Davey Crockett decal Ed. I'll have some God Bless Texas Flag decals for those Texas Rally attendees or any others if wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 211

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to Texas!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_7934.jpg
    IMG_7934.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 267

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
San Antonio was very cool: the Riverwalk & the Alamo. The place we where we had lunch has a motto: Our margarita's are so good you won't remember the Alamo! LOL

Ed

On my old stomping grounds, used to work in a restaurant on the river as a busboy when I was a teenager, ok ok I was kidding, I was much older :lol they do have the best margaritas there! but I still hate the river :wink