First Production Availability

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I will have to be happy with whatI have got ....

Yup, me too. Hello GT350R!

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
IMHO, no hybrid technology and no complicated all wheel drive/steering systems...
Carbon Fiber makes it expensive, but not as much as $400k, I think MSRP will be around $245k.
I will definitely be trading one 05 for the new one.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Forum Members know more about the 2016 Ford GT than Dealers. Guaranteed

Just called my local Ford dealer, to see if they have a list. They had no idea what I was talking about (but happily, they agreed to "look in to it").

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
1000-1200 production on web posts

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If $400K then our GTs will all pop to $300K for entry into GT CLUB

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
A must have...starting to save my pennies today!

And nickels, dimes and quarters

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
gonna be a long year to year and a half.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IMHO, no hybrid technology and no complicated all wheel drive/steering systems...
Carbon Fiber makes it expensive, but not as much as $400k, I think MSRP will be around $245k.
I will definitely be trading one 05 for the new one.

I disagree. The car has its roots in the racing technology (the IMSA class vehicle). If the purpose is truly racing and a return to Le Mans, then the minimum public build is 100 units. With race roots it will be expensive to build and with the minimum number required the price will be amortized over those costs, maybe for a few more years of production than the Ford GT but probably with consistent total unit production (note 1) I could easily see a 400K price for what few units will be available. I would expect less than 500 to be made available the first year. Remember they still have to complete all of the crash test, EPA testing, etc. Did they even drive it onto the stage? The curtain went down, and with no sound, reopened and there it was. This is still the proto...

(Note 1: In this price band market is difficult to create and the Total Available Market is relatively fixed. People will have to make the conscious decision to purchase the Ford over competitive vehicles like Ferrari, etc. If they enter under those cars with better performance they will sell all they can make and recall Ford wants everything to be a World Vehicle now).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
John nice avatar update! I see you wandered into the media release info....

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John nice avatar update! I see you wandered into the media release info....
LOL As you can see I will take one in Yellow please!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Forum Members know more about the 2016 Ford GT than Dealers. Guaranteed

Can't wait for the $19.95 oil change dealer coupon mistaking it for the Mustang GT

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
If $400K then our GTs will all pop to $300K for entry into GT CLUB

"If $400k then our GTs will all pop to $500k for entry into GT CLUB........................lol

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Rumor 300 to 500 built per year, for worldwide distribution. possibly 4 or 5 year run. Ford doesn't want any sitting around on dealers lot, aka Viper. Maybe bonafide retail orders only will be scheduled for production. Smartest move!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Where can I find specs?
Carbon fiber getting cheaper and cheaper ! Look at Alfa Romeo 4C! Carbon fiber tub and $70000.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
1000-1200 production on web posts[/QUOTE

300+ per year for 4/5 years

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
my opinion....

no way anything under $250 with all the carbon and new stuff. The early rumors of $400 seem in line. We shall see.

Adjusted for inflation our 150K Ford GTs are in the 250K neighborhood today, and that's without all the new tooling and safety gotchas.

My dealer won't take orders yet but he is hearing rumors of 400K won't even be close. We'll see.

Any word on when pricing / availability will be announced?

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Dave,

Several Polls here?

Cost; time to market; annual production; # of years of production.

Best overall answer performer gets a new GT - LOL - maybe a hat - in Red for Dr. Frank - wit the new logo. I'm sure you can get one of those.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I would rather see a 600+hp coyote V8...easily attainable, would maintain HP without the heat soak loss of HP....and awe....the sound it would make. I regret selling my 05 in 2013 because I thought they were going to take a hit in value if they really did make a 2016...man I was wrong!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Regardless of price I'm in for one. This time I'm getting a white one

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Carbon Fiber monocoque tub

Think those are min $250K to design/test/produce/street