Tenashus

I need affirmation of my purchases!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations, you've won a trip for one to a permanent vacation in cyberspace!

In the future, if you want to argue on the internet about the GT, Z06, or anything else, try svtperformance.com. It doesn't fit here.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, I will never stop a member from saying "my build quality sucks" or "man I'm tired of the way this car looks" or "I think the Z06 has a better motor" (Karl). I won't, however, tolerate users who register just to engage in pissing matches. If you think the GT is boring, overpriced, and a Ford(gasp), why are you here?

It's boring, futile, and a waste of space.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Tenashus said:
You guys are acting like your driving a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or even a Porsche

Oh my God, you're right. I thought I was driving a Porsche. But I'm ONLY in a Ford. WOW. For a moment I must have been out of my mind. :banana

Ain't life wonderful

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Dave,

Thanks, that was mildly entertaining the first post or so, but then blah, blah, blah about looks, value, pedigree. So many other sites I have visited usually and ultimately degrade to lots of threads with similarly useless discussions about nothing consequential.

For my nickel, it's not that this site strives to be into true blue oval worship so much as one with relatively mature informed comments, actual utility, and now and then some good entertainment. Obviously most of us think Ford hit a grand slam with the GT and many of us, if possible, are making purchases. Thanks again for the good work. BTW, where's the ass kissing smiley???

Kirk

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
DBK said:
Congratulations, you've won a trip for one to a permanent vacation in cyberspace!

lol..was he the first in the boards history?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
KJD said:
For my nickel, it's not that this site strives to be into true blue oval worship so much as one with relatively mature informed comments, actual utility, and now and then some good entertainment. Obviously most of us think Ford hit a grand slam with the GT and many of us, if possible, are making purchases. Thanks again for the good work. BTW, where's the ass kissing smiley???

Kirk

Kirk, valid point.

At first I thought it might be a bit much to have banned the guy, because we get a lot of this crap at ViperClub, and the members usually do a good job of making the person not want to come back. But I admire what the Admin is doing, but keep in mind, this shouldnt be a Blue Oval Worship Site (which thank god its not), because there is SIGNIFICANT value gained by members and enthusiats explaining issues they have spoted or had with the cars.

Already I know what options to have, or not to have on my future GT car thanks to this site pointing out questionable pricing models for options. Also knowing to check body panels for fit and finish curtisy of this site is a significant value. So to the admin, I think you should definetly make assesments on the content and intentions of the individuals posting like this, but stating that only owners can communicate valuation statements, or distaste for a particular aspect of the car, will do a disservice to the greater good of understanding the full nature of this amazing car.

Agreed with your decision to cut him lose, just hope that non owners are also allowed to communicate constructively any issues they might see with the Car.

PS. I am not a huge Ford guy, by any strech of the imagination, probably would pick them last of the 3 (Dodge, Chevy, Ford), but I absolutely believe they simply nailed the best sports car the 3 have to offer right now. (I personally would have believed the Build quality of GM to be better then Ford?? no??).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There are plenty of guys here who have little or no affiliation with Ford. That's not what this site is about.

As the title implies, it's for people interested in constructively discussing the Ford GT supercar, primarily intended for those who own it, or are interested in owning it. I started this site on a whim one weekend because I was tired of all the crazy bullshit stories and misinformation about GT control arms flying off at 200mph, in school zones, in the middle of Martin Luther King Day parades :lol The percentage of factually correct information out of total GT-related information on the net seemingly hovers around 5%. Between this place and Centerpunch's www.fordgtprices.com, I like to think we're doing something to shed a bit of light.

I've also never censored anything on here, from complaining about poor dealer service, shoddy workmanship, bad paint, or any other number of maladies. Again, part of being tailored towards owners is sharing and illuminating current/probable issues. Non-owners are of course welcome to chime in constructively. Many issues are universal and translate well between a number of sports cars.

However, not owning or intending to own a car and subsequently showing up at a site dedicated to said car to deposit your $.02 on it being an "overpriced exotic wannabe", "forgettable", "not even in the same ballfield" as Porsche, Lambo etc is, what's the word...stupid. Honestly, why bother? It leads to futile board wars and engenders a culture of negativity towards legitimate criticisms.

Concordantly, even moderately trollish behavior will be dealt with in an expeditious, and complete, manner.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
DBK said:
I started this site on a whim one weekend because I was tired of all the crazy bullshit stories and misinformation about GT control arms flying off at 200mph, in school zones, in the middle of Martin Luther King Day parades :lol rts cars.

(Psssst (pssssst DBK it's the half shafts) :lol

I thought the guy was entertaining. I can just picture him at home, 16yrs old, a Smokie and the Bandit poster on the bedroom wall and his dads 210hp 76' BB parked in the carport on blocks. Did I mention his dad sports a really bad toupe. :lol

Last edited:

5ltretr

*if you're a grown man, find something better to do with your time please

:bored

p.s. don't ever come on my board and make veiled threats at anyone. Now be a darling, and get the **** out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.