You think you've got a BIG piston, uh?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Check out this dinner plate. Fish was working on a motor with pistons that have a 6 inch diameter. I put the gun down there because it seemed like a good size reference. I also wanted you guys to know I was hard core.

IMG_0316.jpg

Oh, by the way, the black cylinder to the left is not a small LED flashlight... it's the piston pin. THE FREAKING PISTON PIN :eek

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Turbo diesel?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
??????????? Attachment?

Be advised there's a SHIP ENGINE being manufactured that has pistons/rods/cylinders so large a person literally needs a LADDER to climb in and out of its cylinders. Literally! I'm not exaggerating! The thing is H-U-U-U-U-U-G-E!!!!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Sorry about the bad link.

It will actually go into a 4 banger that is expected to produce almost 1000hp per cylinder.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
LOL, you read my mind I thought that was a flashlight.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
??????????? Attachment?

Be advised there's a SHIP ENGINE being manufactured that has pistons/rods/cylinders so large a person literally needs a LADDER to climb in and out of its cylinders. Literally! I'm not exaggerating! The thing is H-U-U-U-U-U-G-E!!!!!!

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3263/

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Check out this dinner plate. Fish was working on a motor with pistons that have a 6 inch diameter. I put the gun down there because it seemed like a good size reference. I also wanted you guys to know I was hard core.

View attachment 19311

Oh, by the way, the black cylinder to the left is not a small LED flashlight... it's the piston pin. THE FREAKING PISTON PIN :eek

Fubar.....I own a hwy construction/land development business and as such I deal with big-iron everyday ( think D-10 , D-11 Cat Equipment) Some of the the service and replacement parts are truly amazing....in fact, I've been making car-guy garage furniture out of some of the smaller items for some time as a hobby (cam shafts, timing gears etc.) At some point I'll figure out how to upload to this site and post some pic's ! I have a line on some used-up pistons from the Oil Sands in N Alberta that are the size of 5 gall pails. I think they will make some cool bar stools !

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have a line on some used-up pistons from the Oil Sands in N Alberta that are the size of 5 gall pails. I think they will make some cool bar stools !

Now that would be cool on the order of the Ford 289 powered chain saw or the BBQs made out of small block Chevys (better if they were Fords but who cares if they sacrifice a Chevy :biggrin)