Yesterday - - - - & Today

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well, yesterday, I finished the new redwood upper back deck on the house. The temp was a comfortable 70° and, while a bit breezy, my chickadee visitors enjoyed their water drinks

View attachment 26619

View attachment 26620

View attachment 26621

Aftewards, I connected my boat to the truck and drove it down to Bishop, putting into a winter storage area...

When I woke up this morning...

View attachment 26622

This is supposed to continue, on & off, all week----guess I'll have to cancel the track days at Willow Springs this coming weekend with the SoCal Cobra group. Damn!

PS - Guess I'll have to break out the long-johns...

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I don't see my friends in the picture! I guess the Stellar Jays have migrated farther south to get away from the cold. BTW, how's the downstairs project coming along? :biggrin My sister prays for snow every day now in the hopes of starting the ski season early. She's looking forward to hopefully meeting you for a ski weekend with the family in Mammoth Lakes this winter. :thumbsup Time to put away the GT...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, you must be getting old and senile. The new guys don't realize it, but he shows the same pictures every year.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie, you must be getting old and senile. The new guys don't realize it, but he shows the same pictures every year.

Frankie -

Would you rather I post pictures with the date/time stamps? Say yes, & I will. I hope the St. Louis area stays clear of this weather change, as it put a damper in my desire to track my GT with the SoCal Cobra group. This was my one chance to track the car this year, as I was afraid that Rally attendance would not allow me to get home prior to major snowstorms. I was absolutely correct in this assessment, and while I dearly miss having been able to attend the Rally, I would have never gotten my car home. It's your call, but I wish I could have been with you. A month earlier, and I would have been.

Next year, let's have a little competition on the track - maybe Dave will set up a "group" for the 2 of us, and we can go at each other...

(I hope I don't lap you more than once - you better think about a major power upgrade)

:cheers

Ralphie

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Frankie -

Would you rather I post pictures with the date/time stamps? Say yes, & I will. I hope the St. Louis area stays clear of this weather change, as it put a damper in my desire to track my GT with the SoCal Cobra group. This was my one chance to track the car this year, as I was afraid that Rally attendance would not allow me to get home prior to major snowstorms. I was absolutely correct in this assessment, and while I dearly miss having been able to attend the Rally, I would have never gotten my car home. It's your call, but I wish I could have been with you. A month earlier, and I would have been.

Next year, let's have a little competition on the track - maybe Dave will set up a "group" for the 2 of us, and we can go at each other...

(I hope I don't lap you more than once - you better think about a major power upgrade)

:cheers

Ralphie

How about - if you lose, you have to clear my driveway for the next winter?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is the chickadee a popsicledee now?

Ed

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Ralph
Thanks for posting I'm looking forward to skiing mammoth. You are living the dream.:slap:bow:usa:cool

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralph
Thanks for posting I'm looking forward to skiing mammoth. You are living the dream.:slap:bow:usa:cool

http://www.mammothmountain.com/Mountain/Conditions/?messageid=504790&memberid=492601&cid=1340&ref=

Brrrr....21° and windy

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Nice work there Ralphie boy on the decking. Did you get a chance to treat it prior to the snow?

We are supposed to get mid to high 80's down here in L.A. in a few days, maybe all that initial snow will disappear in time for you to consider Nov. 4.

Sure hope so.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Frankie -

, as it put a damper in my desire to track my GT with the SoCal Cobra group. This was my one chance to track the car this year, as I was afraid that Rally attendance would not allow me to get home prior to major snowstorms.

Ralphie

Ralphie ..... what´s wrong with using snowtires? :biggrin

Yes, you and the doctor on the track racing ..... the senior citizen racing group :biggrin:lol:facepalm:

Cheers
Anders

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Anders, you're a real pal.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dr. Frank vil bære en thong. Hvordan siger du thong på dansk?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dr Sticker - pocajuj mnie w dupie!