Yellow GT With a Whipple Installed

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Not many yellow cars out there, but there has been one hanging out on ebay for the past several weeks. It already has a Whipple. How much "credit" in dollars would you give a car with it already installed?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Same as any other car with modifications. Stock car + 25-50% of the value of the mod. If the seller gets that much, they should consider themselves lucky, IMO.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I would think with a Whipple only you should be able to get the car with no premium. All other things being equal, a stock car should be worth more money.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I would think with a Whipple only you should be able to get the car with no premium. All other things being equal, a stock car should be worth more money.

For me, I completely agree. I wouldn't pay an extra cent for a performance mod of that nature and in fact would count it as a ding. Most people want to buy virgin cars, even if they mod it themselves later. Too many unknowns when aftermarket tuners/manufacturers get a hold of a car.
Reality, however, is owners/dealers will tack on a premium in the hopes of recouping costs.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Stock car + 25-50% of the value of the mod

So that is another question, it looks like kits run $7-9k on ebay.....What would labor install cost?

BTW, I meant to place this in the WTB forum, apologies to anyone who is offended by the mis-placement.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
9k + you need a sleeve for the intake to prevent collapse - and an Accufab throttle body, a Boost-a-pump and some other small things. All in about 13K if you include Dyno...I did it last year on my white one

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All other things being equal, a stock car should be worth more money.

For decades that's generally been been the gospel no matter WHAT 'special' car one cares to mention...'59 Impala...'57-'63 Fuelie 'Vettes', late '60s Z/28 Camaros, Cobras, '60s Shelby Mustangs, Hemi cars, FGT - whatever.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Same as any other car with modifications. Stock car + 25-50% of the value of the mod. If the seller gets that much, they should consider themselves lucky, IMO.

But only if you can get the original hardware back. You want to be able to "undo" it.