WTB OEM Muffler and brackets for 05/06 GT

SSSammy

Jul 5, 2019
McKinney, TX
Recently acquired 05 VIN 1605 which has a Thermal X-pipe exhaust. I am not going to be able to stand the drone over time. Want to return it to stock. Need everything aft of the cats, muffler, trans mount, horizontal cross member, tailpipe tips. Low miles is a +

Thanks!
Sam Watson
Reply here or email
samwatson at sbcglobal dot net

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Your 1st post, welcome to the forum!

SSSammy

Jul 5, 2019
McKinney, TX
Your 1st post, welcome to the forum!
Thanks, glad to be here with a GT! Traded my Superformance GT40 for it :cool: Life just keeps getting better!

Reactions: 07XL0027

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
There is a used one on eBay. Search Ford GT supercar exhaust. Believe they are asking 476.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSSammy

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You can have mine for $550 shipped. I don't know exact mileage, but for sure less than 3,000. 1st owner took it off the car at some point, then put it back on when he sold it to me at 3k miles, and I took it right off.

I don't recall removing any parts besides the muffler. The tips, for example, are part of the muffler. Gaskets are the same as used with X-pipes and generally reusable.

Anyway, what I have is 1 ea OEM muffler. I can take a pic if you'd like, but it looks like a muffler.

SSSammy

Jul 5, 2019
McKinney, TX
You can have mine for $550 shipped. I don't know exact mileage, but for sure less than 3,000. 1st owner took it off the car at some point, then put it back on when he sold it to me at 3k miles, and I took it right off.

I don't recall removing any parts besides the muffler. The tips, for example, are part of the muffler. Gaskets are the same as used with X-pipes and generally reusable.

Anyway, what I have is 1 ea OEM muffler. I can take a pic if you'd like, but it looks like a muffler.
Was the mounting bracket on it when you got it? See attached drawing. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 9.37.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 9.37.35 AM.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 11

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It's been seven years, so my recollection is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure all of the cat-back exhausts are designed to mount to the OEM brackets, which stay in place for the swap.

So...what I have is 5230, and I'm pretty sure all the other parts are still on your car. Unless you have some unusual X-pipe design.

Maybe somebody here can confirm this.

SSSammy

Jul 5, 2019
McKinney, TX
It's been seven years, so my recollection is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure all of the cat-back exhausts are designed to mount to the OEM brackets, which stay in place for the swap.

So...what I have is 5230, and I'm pretty sure all the other parts are still on your car. Unless you have some unusual X-pipe design.

Maybe somebody here can confirm this.
Ok, attached photo, fyi. I have the part nrs and can order what else I need. I'll take it. Please message me or email how you would like to be paid and I will respond with shipping address.

Thanks!
Sam
samwatson at sbcglobal dot net

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 22

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I put an x pipe and removed the OEM muffler. Xcentric is correct. The existing brackets stay on the vehicle and the X pipe utilizes them.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good score on the muffler as they are going for around 3 to 4K dollars new

another benefit of being a member of the forum

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Of course the depiction in post 6 is incorrect. Bracket 5277 should be rotated 90-degree clockwise so the studs are pointed straight down. The thermal expansion strap (5A204A) bolts to 5277 and then that sub assembly attaches to 5A204B via those 3 studs to corresponding holes on a 5A204B flange which is not depicted.

Last edited: