Wreaked GT on Cranky Ape web site

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Just browsing Cranky Ape. There is a pretty tore up GT listed. Current bid is 70,000 or so.

It's located just down the road from me in Kingman. Looks bad from the pictures. good for parts, but could be repairable for enough bucks.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
I don't think it's that bad.i have seen worst than that get put back together

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I've seen them worse and fixed also. Without a close up inspection, hard to tell just how bad it is. If you could fix it for 100 -110 K, and got it for under 100K, You still would have a car with a blemished record or worse. Might make a good racer tho.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hmmm, looks like it spun and hit a curb. All the damage looks to be to the front. Hard to say what the front end suspension looks like, especially the wheel that took the brunt of it. It even looks like the trunk lid made it. All the body panels from doors to back end look like they still fit OK...

I agree, I've seen lots worse, but it's still going to take a chunk of change to repair that front end.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
FS by a forum member. Work a deal.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
FS by a forum member. Work a deal.
Are you saying that someone on the forum is selling this through Cranky? I don't think it can be removed from Cranky now for a private sale. If so im interested.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
can you attach a link,, cheers.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just googled cranky ape (first on the list) and went to cars.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Are you saying that someone on the forum is selling this through Cranky? I don't think it can be removed from Cranky now for a private sale. If so im interested.

LMAO! Good one. Do you have some personal insight on this sale?

Last edited:

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
We all want this car for 100k right

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
This car will bring 135-155k and I believe that's more than its worth with the amount of damages on this car,,the damages aren't bad just costly.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
He's at $127,450 with less than 40 min to go...

And that appears to be the selling price. I wonder what it will be sold for after repairs?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I know there is a registry, but does anyone keep track of VIN numbers that have been wrecked? Based on who bought it, I imagine we'll see it again after it is repaired. I hear lots of stories about people buying GTs that were once salvage vehicles and they didnt know it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
I know there is a registry, but does anyone keep track of VIN numbers that have been wrecked? Based on who bought it, I imagine we'll see it again after it is repaired. I hear lots of stories about people buying GTs that were once salvage vehicles and they didnt know it.

If someone purchases a salvage vehicle and didnt know it than they must not have been looking very hard as its all over carfax and the titles. I sell clean cars that have never been in any accident and i sell salvage ones like this one that have been totaled. Due to the high prices of Ford GT's right now this car will be an easy sale for me repaired as i have a list of buyers that were usually reffered to me by previous buyers.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Could you provide some color on that?? :lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
He's at $127,450 with less than 40 min to go...

Contemplating a bid, Scott?:)
Seriously though, we need to get you into one ASAP. Can't think of two more deserving guys than you and Mark.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Contemplating a bid, Scott?:)
Seriously though, we need to get you into one ASAP. Can't think of two more deserving guys than you and Mark.

I was looking and thinking a little, but not too serious since I can't see buying one sight unseen...at least not at that price. Especially if there is a good chance of a bent frame like this one may exhibit. I want one to drive and develop overall as well as future products, so I have been looking at buying a damaged one like this and putting a new front or rear frame clip on it (whichever it needs) of my own improved design and build. I don't agree with "straightening" frames...its yielded once. Yielding it again to put it back "straight" is not a great solution, but many do it.

We shall see. Thank you for the well wishes on a car. Will keep looking and maybe get lucky with a private sale on one like this that I can have the time to check out. Unlikely, but possible.

Do you have the burrito truck(s) located in Vegas?! I am jonesing for one or two...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Man wasn’t that one good across from the hotel in Cal at 1am! We feasted!