Winter tires for a heritage

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
well, the story goes as follows.
this all happened in Feb of this year.
a guy here in Toronto had to have his heritage emission tested to get his sticker. he decided to drive his car 30 min to a ford dealer to have the test performed. for some reason on that day the test could not be done, so he returned home (another 30 min drive). he returned a few days later, via driving the car, and had the test completed. the car had coffee cups and trash all over the passenger side with coffee stains throughout the interior.
FYI. this would be his second heritage as the first one was a write off during his very first drive. also please note that the roads here are full of snow, salt and crap.:frown

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
It's his car, he should use it as he pleases. To each his own. If the man owns The car and spent his hard earned money on it, let him enjoy it as he sees fit :)

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
ya, you have a valid point, but ouch. some hard on the car

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I wouldn't treat my car that way, nor would a car in that condition be one I would want to own, but I also like the freedom to live as I please :)

H

HHGT

There was a guy at C&C here in SoCal that had an Enzo with 2 dogs that jumped in and out of the car through the passenger window.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Its a win win situation with guys like that , they get to enjoy the car they like , put as many miles as they want on the car and my car goes up in value as there is one less prestine GT on the planet

Win-Win

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I could care less with what guys do with their cars. I wash mine after just about every outing but I am anal. What I do find amusing is the guy who shows up at the local car show looking like he just got back from the Baja race. Then he usually whips out the Mother's spray wax and rubs it over the dirt/mud.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
............... What I do find amusing is the guy who shows up at the local car show looking like he just got back from the Baja race. Then he usually whips out the Mother's spray wax and rubs it over the dirt/mud.

What about the fellow GT owner that whips out his spray wax and starts wiping down your car?:lol

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
well, the story goes as follows.
this all happened in Feb of this year.
a guy here in Toronto had to have his heritage emission tested to get his sticker. he decided to drive his car 30 min to a ford dealer to have the test performed. for some reason on that day the test could not be done, so he returned home (another 30 min drive). he returned a few days later, via driving the car, and had the test completed. the car had coffee cups and trash all over the passenger side with coffee stains throughout the interior.
FYI. this would be his second heritage as the first one was a write off during his very first drive. also please note that the roads here are full of snow, salt and crap.:frown

Most of us know a garage that will do emission tests without the car being there.

I just give them the vins of the cars I need done.
The shops know me and my personal cars, they do little mileage anyway.
Its just a pain in the ass.

I have driven my GT in the snow, (not a great snow car, more like cross country skiing) needed to fill the car before taking it to The GT Guys,

Felt really bad dropping it off with dirt and salt all over it,
They said they would give it a light clean (I am hoping)
Mike

Last edited:

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Dirty

Most of us know a garage that will do emission tests without the car being there.

I just give them the vins of the cars I need done.
The shops know me and my personal cars, they do little mileage anyway.
Its just a pain in the ass.

I have driven my GT in the snow, (not a great snow car, more like cross country skiing) needed to fill the car before taking it to The GT Guys,

Felt really bad dropping it off with dirt and salt all over it,
They said they would give it a light clean (I am hoping)
Mike

Yes we had to give it a quick clean. Can't have dirty cars in the shop.:lol:lol
Sent you a pm too. Call me when you can.

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
Reminds me of the old saying about brains and money. In Ontario the emission test is valid for12 months from the date it is issued. So you could have done the test in the summer as the report (or more accurately the testing equipment) is electronically transferred/communicating with the licensing office. Other option is you could also got your sticker after it expires, unless you are going to drive the car on a regular bases.

Some people treat their cars like crap while others treat them like gold. I for one just have one rule: Treat things with respect.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My son worked as a valet at a high end country club when we was in college. He is used to driving nice exotics that I own. He often told stories of how most of the nice cars he parked were litered with coffee cups, stains, cigarette butts, etc. etc. It amazed him.