Window problem

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Been a month since delivery of 2022 GT and still in dealership due to window alignment(?) issue. Anyone else have a problem where the window will not close due to it seeing extraordinary force on up stroke?

Reactions: GEE-TEE

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Been a month since delivery of 2022 GT and still in dealership due to window alignment(?) issue. Anyone else have a problem where the window will not close due to it seeing extraordinary force on up stroke?
I belieive this has been an issue with some cars. Mine does seem to get stuck and not let door open and I have heard of some horror stories. So just roll window down 1/4 inch before shutting down?? That's what I have done as advised by a fellow GT owner near me. Still be thankful that its not as bad as the new Porsche GT3 which has the windows cracking :)

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
I belieive this has been an issue with some cars. Mine does seem to get stuck and not let door open and I have heard of some horror stories. So just roll window down 1/4 inch before shutting down?? That's what I have done as advised by a fellow GT owner near me. Still be thankful that its not as bad as the new Porsche GT3 which has the windows cracking :)
Thanks for the response. But I would expect for the price, Ford would have an engineering fix by now if others have experienced this symptom. In the meantime have not been able to drive off the dealer showroom.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Thanks for the response. But I would expect for the price, Ford would have an engineering fix by now if others have experienced this symptom. In the meantime have not been able to drive off the dealer showroom.
That's next, after lug nuts OMG!

Reactions: Special K

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Have you called the Concierge? Is this a certified service dealership?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
could it be a window regulator calibration. Here’s the procedure (and environmental controls too):

CONTROL HEAD CALIBRATION PROCEDURE
Ignition OFF.
•Rotate all HVAC control knobs to the mid position.
•Press and hold the Recirc button.
•While pressing and holding the Recirc button, turn the ignition into the ON position. Calibration Mode will be indicated by all indicator Light Emitting
Diodes (LEDs) blinking at 1 second intervals. Calibration mode will be active for 30 seconds. The Calibration Mode can also be entered by disconnecting and
reconnecting the Control Head with ignition on.
•While the Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are flashing (Calibration Mode), rotate all HVAC control knobs fully Clock Wise (CW) and fully Counter Clock Wise
(CCW) positions several times

WINDOW INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
Turn the ignition ON.
Place the window in the full down position.
Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and
release the switch.
5.Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its
travel and release the switch.
6.Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Have you called the Concierge? Is this a certified service dealership?
Yes and received a response. Will see if fix holds.

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
could it be a window regulator calibration. Here’s the procedure (and environmental controls too):

CONTROL HEAD CALIBRATION PROCEDURE
Ignition OFF.
•Rotate all HVAC control knobs to the mid position.
•Press and hold the Recirc button.
•While pressing and holding the Recirc button, turn the ignition into the ON position. Calibration Mode will be indicated by all indicator Light Emitting
Diodes (LEDs) blinking at 1 second intervals. Calibration mode will be active for 30 seconds. The Calibration Mode can also be entered by disconnecting and
reconnecting the Control Head with ignition on.
•While the Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are flashing (Calibration Mode), rotate all HVAC control knobs fully Clock Wise (CW) and fully Counter Clock Wise
(CCW) positions several times

WINDOW INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
Turn the ignition ON.
Place the window in the full down position.
Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and
release the switch.
5.Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its
travel and release the switch.
6.Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.
thank you

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Hello rgroden, are you having problems with the driver window going up and as soon as it gets to the top it bounces back down ? I have had a few of them. And they all seem to be different problems.....1st problem I have seen is the weather strip around the door not seated in all the way 2nd thing I have seen was windows motor and 3rd thing is the window glass out of alignment and 4th is if you try and do the one touch up and bounces back for some reason it looses it memory and will need to be recalibrate as stated in the previous post in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Reactions: JWZ and Ed Sims

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Hello rgroden, are you having problems with the driver window going up and as soon as it gets to the top it bounces back down ? I have had a few of them. And they all seem to be different problems.....1st problem I have seen is the weather strip around the door not seated in all the way 2nd thing I have seen was windows motor and 3rd thing is the window glass out of alignment and 4th is if you try and do the one touch up and bounces back for some reason it looses it memory and will need to be recalibrate as stated in the previous post in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Thank you for the detailed explanation. The concierge has confirmed the fix with the dealer; being the weather strip needed to be heated and reseated. We will see if it holds. Thanks again.

Reactions: italianjoe