Willow Springs, Ford GT ONLY School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
There will be a Ford GT ONLY Driver's School at Willow Springs International Raceway, Rosamond, CA (Near Edwards Airforce Base) on October 9th, 2007. The Chief Engineer from the Ford GT Project, Neil Hannemann, will be the head instructor. Neil has numerous Pro Series Championships to his credit and many years of racing and instructing experience. He also headed up Chrysler's return to NASCAR competiton and their Viper LeMans project. He currently instructs a "Super Advanced" class at the Viper Days Events.

If interested please contact me at TallCarGuy@aol.com for more information. (There is a limit of 20 students at this event.)

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
If your in CA take advantage of this. Neil is a very accredited driver. Raced against Neil in the very early stages of Viper Days...

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
There will be a Ford GT ONLY Driver's School at Willow Springs International Raceway, Rosamond, CA (Near Edwards Airforce Base) on October 9th, 2007. The Chief Engineer from the Ford GT Project, Neil Hannemann, will be the head instructor. Neil has numerous Pro Series Championships to his credit and many years of racing and instructing experience. He also headed up Chrysler's return to NASCAR competiton and their Viper LeMans project. He currently instructs a "Super Advanced" class at the Viper Days Events.

If interested please contact me at TallCarGuy@aol.com for more information. (There is a limit of 20 students at this event.)
Call me at 818 905 7333

H

HHGT

Who will be providing the cars and race gear?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
You will be using YOUR Ford GT and YOUR race gear. We will be able to sell you a set of race harnesses and install them at the track if you do not have them.

Richard Hille
2005 Ford GT #916

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Why doesn't anyone ever do this stuff in FL. :confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...or Washington state. :frown

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Exactly. Can we track road cars at Sebring?

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Exactly. Can we track road cars at Sebring?

Yes. I use Chin Motorsports. See the Avatar. That was Sebring

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I am going september 9th to willow springs. I'll see how the car holds up. My friend with him porsche gt3, and michelin cup tires is talking smack. Do you guys think I have a shot with the regular tires.

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Check is in the mail. I'm looking forward to this!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Kave, the michellin sports cups are good tires, not great tires. But should improve him about 3-4 seconds over stock tires IMO.

If you are running the Streets track, you had better have a lot of experience and know the angle of the dangle. The GT 3 would be my favorite on this track. If you drive better than he does already, you should do fine.

If you run the big track "Fastest Track in the West" you can beat him with street tires IMO. The driver, seat time and huevos in turn 8 are normally the deciding factor. I would advise a late apex on 9 and you can pull him on the straight. You should be the favorite through 6, 7, 8 and the front straight. That is about half the track, and the fast part.

My best lap time in a stock tire C5 Z06 is 1:37 ish, 1:33 ish with nittos, never tired the slicks there, but should be worth a 1:30xx. Anything under a 1:40 is fast for folks with little seat time on this track. It's a track that yeilds better times with each lap under your belt. The best time recored by a stock tire C5 Z06 with Andy Pilgram at the wheel (pro C5R driver) is 1:29.8. Even at that I have passed many GT3's in my lowley C5 Z06.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up. What club are you running with?

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I am going september 9th to willow springs. I'll see how the car holds up. My friend with him porsche gt3, and michelin cup tires is talking smack. Do you guys think I have a shot with the regular tires.

Should be an interesting match up. My guess, since I've never taken a GT or GT3 to the Big Track, is they can both run low 30's.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Too bad I can't join your guys. I'll be in Shanghai come Oct. 7 for the F1 race. You guys have fun now...

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
^Enjoy F1 in Shanghai Bruce. I signed up today for Willow. Who else is going?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
...or Washington state. :frown

EP - come on down. I'll show you the way. Keep the faith Baby.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
sounds like alot of fun... I just e-mailed you...

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
tmstunts, We look forwrd to you joining the school. This is a very special opportunity to really understand this incredible automobile's capabilities. The head instuctor, Neil Hannemann, was the chief engineer on the Ford GT project and has a stellar racing history.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
2005 Ford GT #916

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
You guys are bad influence... now I'm thinking of going to Shanghai one week earlier come back right after the F1 race on the 8th to join you guys. What am I to do? What am I to do????

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Bruce, We hope you can make it, you'll have a blast.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.