Who works on your FGT?

Who let's their local Ford tech work on their Ford GTs

• Total voters

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Tried to edit the title, but can't o_O

Please modify your title to indicate if you're sasking about the new GT or 05-06 GT?

Chip

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Just changed the setting, multiple votes are now allowed (y)

actually one answer doesn't work. Current i would select three of the options.

Maybe multi choice if the poll allows.

I do some of the basic maintenance myself. I have let certain dealers do work, but it depends on the dealer..(both east and west coast).

Recently had to replace the transmission.. Car was towed to the local NFGT certified dealer.. Talking with the mechanic, his

statement of " I'm really only trained on the NFGT, I haven't done much with the 05/06" lead me to trailer the car to

"theGTGuy"Rich Brooks. If he had been certified earlier for airbags, I would have done them there also.

If I lived closer to Rich.. he would get all my business. :)

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
I voted for local dealer, but I use the term local loosely. I'm in Columbus, OH and I take my GT up to Pat Millikin Ford. Excellent service and they have experienced, trained technicians.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I trust my ford dealer to do everything :LOL:

Attachments

• pulling the motor 2 025.JPG
    pulling the motor 2 025.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: Simon
None of the choices above! My local Ford dealer will not touch the car, no one in their shop has ever worked on one. Generally, Ryan Pond comes to my home every year and we do the necessary maintenance together in my garage (I have a drive on lift). I have also done some specific items by myself or with a friend who is a certified M-B and Porsche mechanic.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I’m fortunate here in So Cal. Several quality options. I’ve done three options.

Like many others, I usually change fluids (oil, coolants, clutch/brake/tranny fluid) myself, but have had Kendall and Ryan at Cooltech handle those at times. They have installed my Ford Racing Pulley and tune and lowering spring perches and oil pump belt so when there I had them handle fluids at those times.

I also have used Galpin to replace a windshield and cracked clamshell vents under warranty, Santa Monica Ford install Ford Racing trans cooler when new and replace front air bags under warranty.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does Ford still offer Ford GT training to techs or are the ones we have at dealers now the ones left from the first graduating class?