Who needs a Prius?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
In over 15,000 miles of driving the lifetime MPG average for my GT was 17.0 mpg (recorded very carefully as part of the long-term coverage at Edmunds.com). That includes a trip from LA to Denver and back, which obviously pulled that average up, but it also included a day at The Ford GT School on Willow's big track, plus two specific performance test days (pulled 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with pulley and tune).

I drive it with about an 85/15 split. Meaning 85% of the time I'm shifting before 3,500 rpm and making the most of the engine's torque without even trying to go fast (and still beating everyone off lights, on lane merges, etc.). The other 15% of the time I'm hammering it for no particular reason other than to hear the exhaust and feel my neck muscles have to work. Or some bonehead in a primered Civic with a coffee-can exhaust is annoying me.

Anyway, a car that gets to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, hits 200 mph easily (but as Dave says, not that I would know...) and still gets a mixed mpg average of 17 over 15,000 mile (the last 3,000 with the pulley/tune) is pretty effing amazing if you ask me. :cheers

But I'm probably biased...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Clarkson got only 4 mpg at his track. He actually ran out of gas after some very spirited driving. That's when he made the statement.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
While at the Texas mile mine got around 4mpg all the other time it gets 10mpg the way I drive it. :biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
DBK in a Prius - thats a laugh! Only if he could series the batteries to get the wheels to smoke off in a mile....:cheers

Re: the FGT gas mileage, I don't check or care.... If I had to guess ~ 10 MPG max. It's the fun of laying into it with the Whipple and the ability to navigate through the gawkers on the high way that is the "mileage" I enjoy :thumbsup

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
No, I really did get 23.5 coming home. I meant the Prius thing was a joke because I wouldn't be caught dead in one anyways. The car gets great gas mileage on the freeway now, but the twins obviously make it much much worse at speed. I've tracked it with the TT's twice, and it's a good things good tracks have gas pumps available. :lol

Dave,

I am totally jealous of the TT setup. Maybe one of these days... For now I will simply live vicariously through you.

Nathan