White/Blue GT500 coupe at NAIAS pics

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was really impressed with how the car looked in this combo. Not so much with the red vert. Still not enamored with the hood, but I'd still gladly roll in it. I took these btw, so that's why the quality is not spectacular.

1gt500.jpg

2gt500.jpg

3gt500.jpg

4gt500.jpg

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Whats wrong with the picture quality? Looks good to me.

It the content of the photos thats questionable :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great, just loving what I see :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
50 BMG said:
It the content of the photos thats questionable :lol

:lol I'm staying out of that one. I'll never like the hood, but my expectations for Mustangs don't entail much more than hauling ass and sounding good. I think this one will be exceptional at both of those.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DBK said:
:lol I'm staying out of that one. I'll never like the hood, but my expectations for Mustangs don't entail much more than hauling ass and sounding good. I think this one will be exceptional at both of those.
agree... do they still have the 60's rear wishbone suspension planned for in that one ? The biggest drawback for potential drive precision to be expected.. :frown

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
I agree with you SLF.

The rear suspension is one of the main reasons I have not ordered one.

The white/blue is obviously a nod to the '65 Shelby and does look good.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's my .02 cents on the whole SRA vs. IRS debate...

In an ideal world, you could build a lighter Cobra with an IRS that handled better despite having less power. (FR500?)

However, the Mustang world is full of many budget/street racers who cried to high heaven that the 03/04 either a) didn't have an SRA from the factory or b) didn't have an adequate IRS to handle the power that car made for dragstrip use. They didn't want wheel hop, they wanted more power, they wanted to be king of the straight line hill. Well, now they've got it. Problem is, if you want an IRS capable of handling 430rwhp from the factory, you're going to have to pay for it, and neither Ford nor they want to. So SRA it is.

You can't have all the handling, all the price, and all the power....and I guess be careful what you wish for...

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was going to get one of these for one my son's. Are they for sale yet? What are they going to sell for? It would look great next to my white blue GT.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Daddy, !!!! Finally I found you

WhiteBlueGT said:
I was going to get one of these for one my son's. Are they for sale yet? What are they going to sell for? It would look great next to my white blue GT.

... is that you, Dad !? It's me, SLF, don't you remember me... Mama keeps talking about you ALL the time! Do you remember my birthday, IT'S IN JUNE !

ciao pappa,

Stefano jr. - your italian long thought lost son

PS: I love you too - soooo much ! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Is this really you!!!! I have been looking for you for years... I knew this would make you come back home.....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
WhiteBlueGT said:

The rumor I keep hearing is that either Job 1 or the time they hit the streets will be June. Coupe should be about 40k.

Shoman594

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
A convertable will only be $4000 more :)

Delivery to the dealerships could be as early as the second to third week of July, but could be as late as September depending on that June 6 start date for production.

IMO the white/blue is one of the coolest color conbos on the GT or the GT500 :)

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i really want to see and hear more about the new hemi challenger, but as of right now, i'm planning on buying a new gt convertible when we go to wixom in august
i'm hoping to buy one right from the assembly line, or at least watch it be built/born, and have it signed by the line
i was told there is a division of ford that will arrange this.

sam
#1451 red/white

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
How would the GT500 compare to a Shelby aftermarket version of the car. Does Shelby take the Stock GT500 and then add to it? If so, anyone have an idea what he charges?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sam,
The Mustang is built in Flat Rock, so I'm not sure where exactly the GT500 will undergo final assembly.

The GT500 will presumably eat up the Shelby conversion of the V8 GT. The Shelby treatment is a paxton, brakes, some odds and ends, and a body kit. Not what I would call an "investment", though I'm sure they'll be in short supply. I'd much prefer the SVT engineered version.

WhiteBlueGT said:
How would the GT500 compare to a Shelby aftermarket version of the car. Does Shelby take the Stock GT500 and then add to it? If so, anyone have an idea what he charges?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone heard what color choices will be offered? When will dealers get ordering information given the July delivery timeline?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Car looks better in person in any other color.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was told that I have a twin brother and that we all got seperated at birth... I'm sure that it must be you guys my foster parents tell me about...

I'll take mine in blue w/ white stripes dad...

Your devoted son 4-ever
Jason

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by WhiteBlueGT

SLF360 said:
... is that you, Dad !? It's me, SLF, don't you remember me... Mama keeps talking about you ALL the time! Do you remember my birthday, IT'S IN JUNE !

ciao pappa,

Stefano jr. - your italian long thought lost son

PS: I love you too - soooo much ! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was told that I have a twin brother and that we all got seperated at birth... I'm sure that it must be you guys my foster parents tell me about...

I'll take mine in blue w/ white stripes dad...

Your devoted son 4-ever
Jason

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
barondw said:
Car looks better in person in any other color.

You really think so? I've seen it in red, white, yellow, and blue, and the white/blue is by far my personal favorite...