Whipple Installed = 808 whp!

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Just finished with the dyno tuning session with a freshly installed 3.4L whipple.. put down 808 whp on pump gas!!!

I would attribute these figures (and the steady climb in power with each dyno run) to the "secret sauce", a remote tune from Torrie. It was awesome to watch the interaction with the dyno operator and Torrie,while I was able to heckle via email.

Before getting any further, I'd like to give credit where credit is due:
Torrie - You have a very, very satisfied customer! If anyone is ever on the bubble on utilizing your talents with their prized auto, have them talk to me, I won't leave any doubt on the right way to go.
Soroush - You are the man! I could go on but I will leave it at thank you! Name the time at Eddie V's
MTV8, Doctor V8, Shelby and the rest of this great forum - Thanks for making the enjoyment of an awesome car an ever better experince with some really cool people!

So here's the setup: 3.4L Whipple with 19lb. pulley, AccuFab Monoblade TB, Ford Racing Cat Delete Pipes, Borla Muffler, Mafia, and a Torrie Tune

Consecutive runs on the dyno with Torrie on the other end resulted in a strong run out of the chute that exceed my expectations right away and only pushed the bar higher (I really wasn't expecting to see this much hp). It got more and more interesting with each email file that popped up on the flatscreen by the dyno, almost like finding another Christmas present under the tree every time.

Enough words, here's the good stuff:

Videos:

http://youtu.be/Q_6t2UaSh_s

http://youtu.be/TZ5HOltmGys

http://youtu.be/2BLk8jFqzgQ

http://youtu.be/d_xK_FuaNu0

http://youtu.be/wz6HTEyw4tM

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 501
  • Dyno Chart 2.jpg
    Dyno Chart 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow,

Congratulations. :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
What type of dyno was this? I have never heard of 800+ HP from a 3.4 whipple on a stock motor without NOS or something to help it. Awesome numbers!!!!

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
What type of dyno was this? I have never heard of 800+ HP from a 3.4 whipple on a stock motor without NOS or something to help it. Awesome numbers!!!!

It was a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I think some of Soroush's excess horsepower rubbed off.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Where did you start out before Torrie helped you?

H

HHGT

:eek:eek:eek

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
uhm. wow?

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Where did you start out before Torrie helped you?

Was at 602 with a pulley and tune. Worked with Torrie from the start so I never dynoed without his initial load and didn't want to chance it otherwise (the guy works as crazy hours as I do).

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Fracman awesome numbers!!! WOW! And I thought my 766.6 on pump with the 3.4L was good...........Enjoy it in good health brother

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Houston brings the power. :)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Woohoo Enjoy !

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh man, that's killer. Nicely done Torrie. Enjoy it Fracman.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great HP! :thumbsup

What type of gas was used?

Torrie is the best!

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
What type of gas was used?

93 Octane Chevron

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
93 Octane Chevron

Thanks, we can only get 91 Chevron in CA. Great numbers nevertheless. The best from a stock motor that I have read about with a 3.4L Whipple.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Thanks, we can only get 91 Chevron in CA. Great numbers nevertheless. The best from a stock motor that I have read about with a 3.4L Whipple.

Thanks, burnt nearly 1/4 tank while on the dyno and driving back home (about 5-8 miles).

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Congrats again on the great numbers. Car sounds mean too.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Me thinks your dyno guy is going to have a very short career if he makes a habit of making balls-out pulls when the A/F reading goes infinity-lean half way through the pull (flame video).

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Me thinks your dyno guy is going to have a very short career if he makes a habit of making balls-out pulls when the A/F reading goes infinity-lean half way through the pull (flame video).

I had the incoming flame logic enabled so the sensor ejected prior to the marshmallow roast :lol:lol:lol