Where are the GT Guys?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Are the GT Guys still making the rounds?

Any plans on being hte West LA this year?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Don't know about the GT Guys but Ryan has been traveling all over the place doing service and upgrades on GTs. He'll have his engineering degree at the end of the year - then looking at opening up a shop to do GTs and others full time.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Gongrats Ryan- Open the shop near Huntington Beach :biggrin

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Atomic,

I've been doing GT work around the Southwest for years now. Most of my clients are in the metro Phoenix area, but I have done work and PPIs in LA, So Cal, Vegas, even Texas.

What is nice is that I come to you. Let me know if I can be of any help.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
GT Guy

Thank you for asking about us. We just finished a 10 day Southeast trip to FL and GA. Many thanks to all that hosted us there. As of now no plans on coming out to CA because of our annual MD trip (thanks John) then a few weeks after that Carlisle, PA, then later in the summer the Rally, which is here in our hometown. Not to mention the 15 GT’s we have in our shop currently from all over the country, some of which are maintenance, light to heavy modifications, to full on massive rebuilds. If you are planning on attending the Rally we will be more than happy to work on it then. I have made a post in the Rally section about scheduling as many owners are taking advantage of being in our hometown for the Rally.

I do think it is fabulous that we are still going stronger than ever since 2006 when we started our company. We have doing this longer than ANYONE else out there as we were on the original prototype team for the 2005-6 Ford GT. We only work on the Ford GT as that is our specialty and full time job. The GT is our life and livelihood. I usually don’t comment on that but I have seen a few of our “competitors” try to say that they have worked on more cars than we have. I sincerely doubt that as last time I have counted we have repaired/painted well over 526 cars, maintain many more than that, and have physically worked on more than half of the 4038 production. That isn’t even counting the cars we worked on while before they were shipped to the dealers.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Well said Rich.

Not saying the other two gentlemen aren't qualified, I'm certain they are.

But hands down, no doubt about it, you and Denis are the real deal.

I'm glad you're here for all current and future owners. Best to both of you.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Don't know about the GT Guys but Ryan has been traveling all over the place doing service and upgrades on GTs. He'll have his engineering degree at the end of the year - then looking at opening up a shop to do GTs and others full time.

I'll vouch for Kendall and Ryan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I can, without a doubt vouch for Rich and Dennis, The GT Guys. If I had a GT and didn't do my own work, I'd move hell to get it to the guys.

I went on the GT program in 2003. They had already been intricately involved years before that. I'd venture to say they know more than most of the people who designed the car. Every thing looks great on paper, but when it come to actually making things work, you need guys like Rich and Dennis. My Heroes.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
..... as last time I have counted we have repaired/painted well over 526 cars, maintain many more than that, and have physically worked on more than half of the 4038 production. That isn’t even counting the cars we worked on while before they were shipped to the dealers.

I think that is a truly remarkable statistic (1/2 of the total GT production). Surely an insurance carrier would have these guys certified as THE preferred repair facility. Great job Rich & Denis!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Don't ask Rich and Denis about dealing with insurance companies. :frown

I think they should have left a GTG sticker on every car they worked on. That would be a cool "status symbol."

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Don't ask Rich and Denis about dealing with insurance companies. :frown

."

Oh we've discussed it, usually while I watch them work craft on otherwise salvage value aluminum. I remain surprised at the process (or lack thereof) to qualify someone competent vs. some the many fly-by-night outfits that are authorized as 'repair' facilities.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Go to whom you like .The best is always a matter of opinion.My Opinion and where I choose to go is to my friends Rich and Dennis! First rate in every way as Gt experts and friends.

Last edited:

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
Well said Rich.

Not saying the other two gentlemen aren't qualified, I'm certain they are.

But hands down, no doubt about it, you and Denis are the real deal.

I'm glad you're here for all current and future owners. Best to both of you.

+1 they rock

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The GTGuys recently did my bumper delete and did a great job. I typically do all my own work, but I'm glad they did the installation. I was really surprised how little of the car had to be taken apart to remove the bumper. That is the benefit of experience.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Gt guys dont have competitors.

I respect and appreciate the open and free market system but imho gt guys are the one and only. And by the way, these are great guys and nice people.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I've never had Rich and Dennis work on my car but I don't think anyone can dispute their breadth of experience and skill. For those of us not so close to Michigan or able to wait for them to come around, there are a number of others I'm equally confident in to work on these cars. As stated, Kendall and Ryan are top notch. Also for those in the Central Valley, as Marv and others can attest, Evan Guyett does great work and actually has my car right now for routine maintenance. Thankfully, many of us have access to qualified individuals to care for our GT's.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006

All the gt owners know Rich and Denis AKA The Gt Guys one of the best out there I would not trust my car with anybody else.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Owning a GT would be a far less gratifying experience without them.