Wheel Openings

DJC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 13, 2017
Central CT
Just and FYI, if you look at the attached photo you'll see chips in the outer edge of the openings behind the front wheels. I do use DBK's screens (great product), but I do also track my car and remove them for that purpose.

I just installed a small rubber u-channel that I purchased from MacMaster Carr (part# 8510K11) I bought 10', which was enough to do both sides with plenty left over incase I have to redo one. A little work to get on, but not horrible. It seems to lock in good. I'm not sure how they'll hang on yet when on a track with no screens.

Attachments

• IMG_3611.JPG
    IMG_3611.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 83

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love MacMaster Carr! I buy lots of grommets & stuff from them for my vintage motorcycle rebuilds.

Ed

DJC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 13, 2017
Central CT
One of my favorite places!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Has anyone determined that the screens decrease airflow enough to affect track performance? I know DBK’s attorney told him to include that disclaimer, but do they really make a difference? It is like the first instruction in every maintenance manual ever written for every procedure....complete the sentence.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would think a non factor. I would think you would need to be close to "10 10th's" for there to be any difference in down force. I would probably take them off for speeds over ~150 (mile type event)